So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish by…

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (original 1984; edition 1999)

by Douglas Adams

Title:So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Authors:Douglas Adams
Info:Del Rey (1999), Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but too long ago to give a rating
Tags:fiction, humor, science fiction, unrated

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas Adams (1984)

English (77)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (79)
I loved this book, I absolutely loved it!

I listened to it as an audiobook, as narrated by Stephen Fry and Martin Freeman, and I can definitely recommend that.

This was my favourite of the whole series.

His understanding and mastery of British wit. Dry humour and outright awkward, passive-aggressive interactions that made me laugh out loud. I think I enjoyed his writing so much in this book because the majority of it is written in London. Unlike all the other spacey-wacey destinations, I think Adams was able to add more details, and although just as bizarre, were more recognisable to me, having been in London before.

I liked Arthur's character in this story, and I just found this book totally readable. I was listening to it, and realised, hours later, that I'd read almost halfway through it all in one sitting. Oops.

If you like Adams, don't miss this one! c: ( )
  lydia1879 | Aug 31, 2016 |
The Ultimate answer for the Ultimate question is "42" :)
Such a ride in the space and lots of funny situations :)
  PallaviSharma | May 9, 2016 |
Read the first time long ago, revisiting now. Quite fun. ( )
  pammab | May 1, 2016 |
Decent. Not as good as the others. ( )
  ndpmcIntosh | Mar 21, 2016 |
I enjoyed reading this book as much as I have the last ones.

This book concentrates mostly on Arthur who finally seems to be getting his life back on track but is confused as to how he can be on Earth when it had been demolished by the Vogons. When he meets Fenny, he finds his world turned upside down in the best way possible and he's not as bothered about how this second Earth.
Just when he thinks his Hitchhiker's Days of traveling the Galaxy are over, Ford walks back into his life and Fenny mentions wanting to know the answer to some things that were bothering her.
This book was delightfully confusing and it was fascinating reading about Arthur falling in love with a gal who seems to be his perfect match. I found myself giggling throughout this story and trying to find extra time to read so I could find out what was next in store for Arthur and Fenny as well as the rest of his traveling companions.

Looking forward to the next book in the series! ( )
  Eire2011 | Mar 11, 2016 |

Serra, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thole, KarelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for Jane

with thanks
to Rick and Heidi for the loan of their stable event
to Mogens and Andy and all at Huntsham Court for a number of unstable events
and especially to Sonny Mehta for being stable through all events.
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.
[Book 4 Only] "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" is the title of the fourth in a series of novels (as well as the fourth in a series of radio dramas). The five works in the series are generally referred to as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" or "The Hitchhiker Trilogy", as is the series of radio dramas. Though there are unabridged audio recordings of these works, the radio dramas are considerably different from the printed works. Eoin Colfer, of "Artemis Fowl" fame, contracted in 2008 to write the next volume of the "Trilogy."

Just when Arthur Dent's sense of reality is at its most clouded, he suddenly finds the girl of his dreams. He finds her in the last place in the Universe in which he would expect to find anything at all, but which 3,976,000,000 people will find oddly familiar. They go in search of God's Final Message to His Creation and, in a dramatic break with tradition, actually find it. PART FOUR IN A TRILOGY OF FIVE.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:27 -0400)

Following his return to Earth, inexplicably still in existence, Arthur Dent experiences love at first sight, and he and the lovely Fenchurch go in search of God's Final Message to His Creation.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,741,701 books! | Top bar: Always visible