Addio, e grazie per tutto il pesce by…

Addio, e grazie per tutto il pesce (original 1984; edition 1984)

by Douglas Adams

Member:Terru_theTerror
Title:Addio, e grazie per tutto il pesce
Authors:Douglas Adams
Info:Mondadori (2005), Perfect Paperback
Rating:***

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas Adams (1984)

20th century (48) aliens (50) Arthur Dent (32) British (101) comedy (164) Douglas Adams (88) ebook (40) English (34) fantasy (210) fiction (940) funny (31) hardcover (33) hitchhiker (38) Hitchhiker's Guide (118) Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (173) humor (1,113) novel (133) own (47) owned (30) paperback (40) read (177) satire (74) science fiction (1,839) series (123) sf (224) sff (87) space (43) space travel (47) to-read (48) unread (34)

English (65)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (67)
Despite the events of earlier books, Arthur Dent finds himself back on earth after traveling both through space and time. Before long, however, Arthur realizes some very significant changes have taken place on his home planet as he encounters a girl of questionable mental health, a man who might know why the dolphins have disappeared, a sudden alien encounter, and his old friend Ford Prefect. Fun reading for those who enjoyed the previous books in the series. ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | May 31, 2014 |
Adams begins this fourth book in the series by contradicting events in the previous books. The Earth, which was destroyed in book one, has for an unexplained reason reappeared in the universe, and in fact, it is as though it was never destroyed at all. Arthur Dent is eager to return to Earth and the life he had, and along the way he meets Fenchurch, a woman who remembers the destruction of the world while she was on it. She is sure it took place, even though everyone else on the planet is convinced it was mass hysteria.

This book was a lot quieter than all the other books with less wackiness cropping up all the time, and I think the story was better for it. The story of Arthur and Fenchurch was rather wonderful and when moments of the strange came in it fitted nicely. And it's the only one that had a satisfactory ending, as far as I'm concerned. This is my favorite in the series. ( )
  andreablythe | Dec 20, 2013 |
I'm a bit undecided about this book. The previous book in the series was a bit annoying; I was getting a bit sick of the endless waffle about space and aliens. I appreciated the change on tone and pace of this book. Sadly, not much happens. ( )
  martensgirl | Oct 27, 2013 |
I'm just a bit fed up with the story by now. This was by far the weakest of the 4 books in the series which I've read so far. It just feels a bit loose and not really necessary. The story doesn't really add to the overall tale in my opinion and seems to be very much an afterthought.

I still enjoyed the little quips and there were a few bits that made me chuckle a lot, but the book took me ages to finish as I wasn't that gripped by it. It just didn't keep dragging me back like a really good book should. I will read the final chapter of the trilogy in 5 parts, but I need a break from them first. ( )
  fothpaul | Oct 7, 2013 |

Serra, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thole, KarelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for Jane

with thanks
to Rick and Heidi for the loan of their stable event
to Mogens and Andy and all at Huntsham Court for a number of unstable events
and especially to Sonny Mehta for being stable through all events.
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.
[Book 4 Only] "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" is the title of the fourth in a series of novels (as well as the fourth in a series of radio dramas). The five works in the series are generally referred to as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" or "The Hitchhiker Trilogy", as is the series of radio dramas. Though there are unabridged audio recordings of these works, the radio dramas are considerably different from the printed works. Eoin Colfer, of "Artemis Fowl" fame, contracted in 2008 to write the next volume of the "Trilogy."

Just when Arthur Dent's sense of reality is at its most clouded, he suddenly finds the girl of his dreams. He finds her in the last place in the Universe in which he would expect to find anything at all, but which 3,976,000,000 people will find oddly familiar. They go in search of God's Final Message to His Creation and, in a dramatic break with tradition, actually find it. PART FOUR IN A TRILOGY OF FIVE.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:05:32 -0400)

Volume Four in the Trilogy of four

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,503,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible