So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish by…

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (original 1984; edition 2005)

by Douglas Adams

Member:epixpivotmaster
Title:So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Authors:Douglas Adams
Info:Del Rey (2005), Paperback, 224 pages

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas Adams (1984)

English (85)  French (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (87)
I started out listening to this with my nephew, but he got bored of Arthur's return to Earth. So, despite my protestations, we started listening to something else together. As I continued to listen to this on my own I decided it was all for the best. This volume doesn't have quite as much in the way of wacky antics as the previous volumes; the absurdity is more character driven than plot driven. Since my nephew is not (yet?) interested in stories about people and feelings unless the people are having feelings between explosions, this wouldn't have appealed to him.

I found it delightful :) It's been so long since I first read it, it was like a brand new book again.

hopeevey | May 20, 2018 |
Okay, this was an odd one. It was different than the previous books. I'm not sure what I think about it. ( )
  UDT | May 1, 2018 |
It might be I just wasn't in the right mood but I didn't enjoy this one as much as I had hoped I would. I might have to go back and read it in the future when I am less Marvin and more Ford. I am giving it a 4 but it was probably more a 3.5. ( )
  CSDaley | Mar 28, 2018 |
This is my favorite book in the series. I know some don't share that sentiment, but I felt that the overall narrative, combined with the wonderful romance and the non-traditional brilliance of Douglas Adams made for a terrific experience. I've rarely been so invested in a relationship with Arthur and Fenchurch. Some of the scenes are downright breathtaking; I'll never forget them flying in the air together next to a plane, or the story of the Rain God, or Marvin the Robot showing up at the/his end. Finished this in the library in Victoria while listening to Sky Ray, a song from a game called Stella Deus at the same time I got a text from Kyla thanking me for the roses I sent her on Valentine's Day and it all seemed so magical. 5 Stars, easily. ( )
  hskey | Feb 14, 2018 |
Esilarante! Il finale superbo! ( )
  AlessandraEtFabio | Dec 22, 2017 |

Serra, LauraTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Thole, KarelCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for Jane

with thanks
to Rick and Heidi for the loan of their stable event
to Mogens and Andy and all at Huntsham Court for a number of unstable events
and especially to Sonny Mehta for being stable through all events.
Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun.
[Book 4 Only] "So Long and Thanks for All the Fish" is the title of the fourth in a series of novels (as well as the fourth in a series of radio dramas). The five works in the series are generally referred to as "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" or "The Hitchhiker Trilogy", as is the series of radio dramas. Though there are unabridged audio recordings of these works, the radio dramas are considerably different from the printed works. Eoin Colfer, of "Artemis Fowl" fame, contracted in 2008 to write the next volume of the "Trilogy."

Just when Arthur Dent's sense of reality is at its most clouded, he suddenly finds the girl of his dreams. He finds her in the last place in the Universe in which he would expect to find anything at all, but which 3,976,000,000 people will find oddly familiar. They go in search of God's Final Message to His Creation and, in a dramatic break with tradition, actually find it. PART FOUR IN A TRILOGY OF FIVE.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:27 -0400)

Following his return to Earth, inexplicably still in existence, Arthur Dent experiences love at first sight, and he and the lovely Fenchurch go in search of God's Final Message to His Creation.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,961,416 books! | Top bar: Always visible