Husband-Coached Childbirth : The Bradley…

Husband-Coached Childbirth : The Bradley Method of Natural Childbirth

by Robert A. Bradley

A wealth of useful information for the husband who wants to help his wife adjust comfortably and happily to the changes of pregnancy and give her meaningful support when her baby is being born. The expectant mother will also find much of interest.
  LLLSouthCentralMiami | Apr 27, 2010 |
I read this back in 1982, when a friend referred us to a Bradley Class in the Emory area. I still use these methods to cope with my chronic pain. Neither of my two full-term pregnancies were normal, and I used these methods to get through a late miscarriage also. I am very sensitive to pain, but it works! Pain meds were an option in my first birth, but not in the second. But, I didn't need them, because I had the Bradley classes. If you can't get a class near you, I encourage you to read this book, and you can adapt the class you can get to these methods. Basically, you practice abdominal breathing and relaxation. My second baby came in 45 mins-essentially all transition. A quick birth hurts just as much as an 11 1/2 hour birth like my first! But, under 3 hrs is high-risk, and the doctor can't risk pain meds. I couldn't get the Bradley class, but I re-read my manual and Lamaze went out the window very quickly. I remembered the Bradley method, and kept my sanity while my husband was downstairs filling out forms. Even with the pre-admit, he barely made it back in time to see the birth! Thank you, Dr Bradley!
Dr Bradley also did some fascinating studies on how we treat babies at birth in various countries, and male culture in the US. ( )
  dannistories | Sep 6, 2009 |
My wife wanted to learn about, and have, a natural childbirth. Well, I had no idea what that meant. So, we took a Bradley Method class, which was GREAT! And I reinforced the class time with reading this book. I recommend it, if for nothing else to be better informed about the many aspects of child birth. ( )
  rclancy | Jul 25, 2009 |
Sensible ideas that work. This method will result in a healthy, happy baby with a healthy mother. I can personally attest to this. ( )
2 vote brendajanefrank | Oct 4, 2007 |
It worked for me. ( )
  maryh10000 | Sep 9, 2007 |

A revised and updated guide to The Bradley Method of natural childbirth utilizes the teamwork approach to help fathers work with mothers to provide a joyful birthing experience that eliminates drugs, shortens labor, lessens complications, and promotes healthy newborns.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:36 -0400)

Revised and updated for today's family, this classic guide to the Bradley Method of natural childbirth helps mothers have healthy babies and joyful birthing experiences--and makes fathers partners in the miracle of life.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,259,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible