Blood Brothers (Sign of Seven Trilogy, Book…

Blood Brothers (Sign of Seven Trilogy, Book 1) (edition 2007)

by Nora Roberts

Member:Lilaena
Title:Blood Brothers (Sign of Seven Trilogy, Book 1)
Authors:Nora Roberts
Info:Jove (2007), Edition: 1st, Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:fiction, nora roberts, romance

Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts

English (65)  Dutch (1)  All languages (66)
I really wanted to like Blood Brothers, but I didn't. I did not like Quinn at all. She was too perfect and very pushy. Caleb was like a cardboard cut-out character; there was no substance to him at all, IMO. The plot started off okay, but started to get a little ridiculous as the story progressed. I can say that I will not be reading the next two in this series.
2.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |
An entertaining read with engaging folklore elements.
Sets the tone for the rest of the trilogy. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
I enjoyed this story. It was more novel than romance which made it good.
  sochri | Nov 21, 2017 |
This first book in the Sign of Seven trilogy left me as interested in how things work out with the three couples as much as in the Hawkins Hollow curse itself. As horror stories go, it wasn’t the kind to keep you awake at night. In fact, the contemporary romance angle overshadowed any of the supernatural goings-on. I liked the easy flow of the writing - it had me thinking of Stephen King - but that may have been partly because of the subject matter. There was just enough closure at the end that I didn't feel like I was left hanging but there was enough of a hook that I'll definitely be reading the next two books of the series. ( )
  wandaly | Oct 26, 2017 |
My first Nora Roberts book and I am very pleasantly surprised! Great characters and great storyline. I really hope the library has the next one!! ( )
  LenaR0307 | May 30, 2016 |

Puskar, RailiTÕlkijasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sepping, PeeterKujundajasecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Where God hath a temple the Devil will have a chapel.-- Robert Burton/

The childhood shows the man As morning shows the day.-- John Milton
To my boys, who roamed the woods, even when they weren't supposed to.
It crawled along the air that hung heavy as wet wool over the glade.

In the small village of Hawkins Hollow, three best friends who share the same birthday sneak off into the woods for a sleepover the evening before turning 10. But a night of pre-pubescent celebration turns into a night of horror as their blood brother oath unleashes a three-hundred year curse.
Twenty-one years later, Cal Hawkins and his friends have seen their town plagued by a week of unexplainable evil events two more times - every seven years. With the clock winding down on the third set of seven years, someone else has taken an interest in the town's folklore. Quinn is a well known scholar of local legends, and despite Cal's protests, insists on delving in the mystery. But when the first signs of evil appear months early, it's not only the town Cal tries to protect, but also his heart.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515143804, Mass Market Paperback)

In the town of Hawkins Hollow, it's called The Seven. Every seven years, on the seventh day of the seventh month, strange things happen. It began when three young boys-Caleb, Fox, and Gage-went on a camping trip to The Pagan Stone. And twenty-one years later, it will end in a showdown between evil and the boys who have become men-and the women who love them.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:14 -0400)

Every seven years, on the seventh day of the seventh month, strange things happen, and three friends--Caleb, Fox, and Gage--must battle against evil with the women who love them by their sides.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,549,723 books! | Top bar: Always visible