Leadership is an art by Max De Pree

Leadership is an art (edition 2004)

by Max De Pree

Member:bren
Title:Leadership is an art
Authors:Max De Pree
Info:Currency (2004), Paperback
Tags:business, leadership

Leadership Is an Art by Max De Pree

Rework by Jason Fried (sr109)
    sr109: I read both books a few months apart, and immediately thought of the similarities between them.

These is my first book that I read related to my job. Was giving to me by one of the high managers in the company.
I really apreciatte the gesture and I must admit that at the beginning I was afraid that I will not like it that it will only include motivational quotes the true is that it teach me a lot. It can be short but is full of lessons, it tell stories and provide perspective. I now think that everybody that wants to be a manager can start by getting ideas from this book. ( )
  CaroPi | Aug 9, 2018 |
Explores leadership as an art that must be felt, experienced, and created, and discusses how to apply leadership abilities and a sense of integrity to business management situations
  CrosslandLibrary | Jan 25, 2018 |
Here is a leadership book that has sat on my shelf unread for far too many years. I appreciate DePree's thoughtful look at relational, servant leadership. Good stuff in here about intimacy, inclusivity in leadership, corporate storytelling and covenant relationships. Not your typical business fare. I like it.

I also found this an easy read. It doesn't give you a ten point structure or a clear business plan. This is more like a meandering conversation with a leadership mentor circling around important themes.
  Jamichuk | May 22, 2017 |
Tracy
  humsafar | Nov 8, 2012 |
I included this book in my book: The 100 Best Business Books of All Time. www.100bestbiz.com. ( )
  toddsattersten | May 8, 2009 |

LEADERSHIP IS AN ART has long been a must-read not only within the business community but also in professions ranging from academia to medical practices, to the political arena. First published in 1989, the book has sold more than 800,000 copies in hardcover and paperback. This revised edition brings Max De Pree’s timeless words and practical philosophy to a new generation of readers.De Pree looks at leadership as a kind of stewardship, stressing the importance of building relationships, initiating ideas, and creating a lasting value system within an organization. Rather than focusing on the “hows” of corporate life, he explains the “whys.” He shows that the first responsibility of a leader is to define reality and the last is to say thank you. Along the way, the artful leader must:

• Stimulate effectiveness by enabling others to reach both their personal potential and their institutional potential

• Take a role in developing, expressing, and defending civility and values

• Nurture new leaders and ensure the continuation of the corporate culture

LEADERSHIP IS AN ART offers a proven design for achieving success by developing the generous spirit within all of us. Now more than ever, it provides the insights and guidelines leaders in every field need.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:06 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,698,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible