The Children of Freedom by Marc Levy

The Children of Freedom

by Marc Levy

192761,408 (3.48)2

English (4)  German (1)  Italian (1)  Spanish (1)  All (7)
The writing style is not one I enjoyed but the story is fascinating, especially paer three which vividly describes the train journey taken by the deportees from Toulouse in SW France to Germany. It is a race against time in 1944 as the Allied troops liberate France but the German officer in charge of the train will do anything to get his cargo to Dachau. All in all a tremendously sad story but one that she be taught to school children across Europe. ( )
  jimrbrown | Nov 20, 2009 |
This is a story based on facts, about members of the Resistance in France during WWII, and the final years of the struggle.
I was expecting much more for some reason. I was rather disappointed, because I found the writing too romantic and soppy, far too emotive, probably because the writer is talking about his father and uncle. I just didn't like the style at all. Maybe if I had read it in the original French it might have been nicer. He just seemed to enamored with the fact that all the members were young people, there was a lot about youth. Too much, in my opinion.
Aside from that, it was interesting to read a true account of actual events, the underground events that took place to help within the war. There was a lot of potential in this book, and it could have been much more, but fell short. ( )
  unlikelyaristotle | Aug 17, 2009 |
an enjoyable read and with an authentic background. ( )
  frankieshaw | May 13, 2009 |
Bof ! ( )
  maroni | Apr 17, 2008 |

YA. Graphic Novel. R to L (Japanese Style). Prince RipperThe battle between the Varia assassins and Tsuna's "family" for the Vongola rings is on! Tsuna's intervention on Lambo's behalf has caused forfeiture of both their rings, so it's up to Gokudera to hold up the side. He gives it his all, but the Varia are proving themselves masters of not playing fair and appear to view the rules, such as they are, as applicable only to their opponents!15 yrs+… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,814,863 books! | Top bar: Always visible