Amazing Grace by Danielle Steel

Amazing Grace (original 2007; edition 2008)

by Danielle Steel

Member:dianepinklace
Title:Amazing Grace
Authors:Danielle Steel
Info:Dell (2008), Edition: Reprint, Mass Market Paperback, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, To read
Tags:Romance

Amazing Grace by Danielle Steel (2007)

English (9)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  German (1)  All languages (12)
This is one of my least favorite novels by Danielle Steel. Usually I read them very fast and one I start reading I cannot stop, but it took me several attempts to finish reading of this book. The plot was promising, but probably because of too many main characters it didn't deliver the usual psychological depth I find in other Steel's novels. ( )
  galinkaus | May 27, 2015 |
Earthquake !!! During a Hospital fundraising event with the famous, young pop star Melanie Free. In the after math Melanie joined with a nun, (Sister Maggie Kent), a world class photographer (Everett Carson) and others to help get everyone to safety. Reuniting hours later in the local shelter to help tend the hurt and comfort the shaken. During it all, Melanie learned a few things about herself, her best friend and her boyfriend. Becoming friends with a nun and helping was just what she needed to see her life and change her life. While Sarah Sloane and her husband Seth had their own life change happening, they had organized the evenings events but their own lives were about to take make a drastic change of their own. With Sister Mary as a new friend to them all, her life couldn’t help but change as well.

While the earthquake provided the starting point for these people to come together, it also points to their different walks of life while getting to be the best of friends. The story is was sweet, a little predictable, at times it is slow and mundane. There seem to be too many story lines thrown together. Wish that Danielle Steel had left Sarah and Seth story out and spent more time with Sister Maggie and Everett. I sometimes wonder why authors do that, too many tangents and side stories have a tendency to distract from a really good story, not enhance it. Still a good distraction from real life. ( )
  onyx95 | Nov 8, 2011 |
This story kind of confused me in all honesty in regards to the plot. I thought the majority of the story was going to be based on the earthquake and it ended up being about the aftermath for the majority of the novel. I felt like the characters were a huge random mess of people that would never be together and kinda found the story in my opinion to seem thrown together and scrambeled.

I mean a nun and a recovering alcoholic; a superstar and an average college grad, it just seemed far fetched to me, and that the relatability between the characters were very unlikely.

It wasn't a horrible book, but at the same time in my opinion was very weak in contrast to some of the other Danielle Steel novels that I have read, this one just fell flat and didn't really do anything for me unfortantally. ( )
  LauraMoore | Jun 24, 2011 |
FAIR
  DONNAMONTEIRO | Aug 14, 2010 |
I really enjoyed reading this book althought I do not agree with the way sarah handled her marriage. Till death do us part is till death do us part. Overall this is a good book but is sad for one of the characters. ( )
  carolinagirl2104 | Jan 5, 2010 |

Steel, Danielleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Dheere, TomNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0440243270, Mass Market Paperback)

On a warm May night in San Francisco, the Ritz-Carlton ballroom shimmers as a glittering, celebrity-studded crowd gathers for a charity dinner dance. The evening is perfect—until, just minutes before midnight, the room begins to sway….

In the earthquake’s aftermath, the lives of four strangers will converge.… Sarah Sloane, the wife of a financial whiz, watches her perfect world fall to pieces…. Grammy-winning singer Melanie Free comes to a turning point in her life and career…. Photographer Everett Carson finds new purpose amid the carnage…and Sister Maggie Kent, a nun who works with the homeless, searches through the rubble—and knows that there is much to be done….

As the city staggers back to life, a chain reaction of extraordinary events will touch each of the survivors…. Sarah discovers a crime and a betrayal, then a strength she never knew she had. Volunteering at a refugee camp opens new worlds of possibility for Melanie. Everett will forge an unlikely relationship with Maggie, who helps him rebuild his shattered life—and upends her own in the process. And as a year passes each discovers the unexpected gifts in a tragedy’s wake…and the amazing grace of new beginnings.

Throughout these enthralling pages, Danielle Steel creates a stunning array of contrasts —from the dazzle of a society benefit to the chaos of a makeshift hospital, from the pampered lives of rock stars to the quiet heroism of emergency volunteers. It is her most powerful and life-affirming novel to date.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:24 -0400)

In the wake of an earthquake that interrupts a celebrity-studded charity dinner dance at the Ritz Carlton in San Francisco, the lives of four strangers are transformed by the tragedy.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,327,346 books! | Top bar: Always visible