The Restless Dead: Ten Original Stories of…

The Restless Dead: Ten Original Stories of the Supernatural (2009)

by Deborah Noyes (Editor)

Other authors: M. T. Anderson (Contributor), Holly Black (Contributor), Libba Bray (Contributor), Herbie Brennan (Contributor), Nancy Etchemendy (Contributor)5 more, Annette Curtis Klause (Contributor), Kelly Link (Contributor), Deborah Noyes (Contributor), Marcus Sedgwick (Contributor), Chris Wooding (Contributor)

I've actually been reading this off and on at work on my breaks for a while, and I finally finished the last story.

Favorite stories: "Bad Things" by Libba Bray, "The Gray Boy's Work" by M.T. Anderson (the man really knows how to write intriguing horror stories), and "Honey in the Wound" by Nancy Etchemendy. ( )
  Crowinator | Sep 23, 2013 |
This is a nice little mix of stories. Everyone should find at least one that they like. My favorites were The House and The Locket, Kissing Dead Boys, The Poison Eaters, and Honey In the Wound. ( )
  TFS93 | Dec 21, 2011 |
"...fue entonces cuando vimos la casa.
Ojalá nunca hubiéramos entrado en ese lugar. Si hubiera sabido lo que ahora sé, me habría arriesgado a enfrentarme a la bestia que nos había acosado hasta llevarnos allí..." ( )
  darioha | Nov 14, 2011 |
For all of you lovers of horror books, I must ask you one question. How could you possibly pass up the opportunity to read a book called "The Restless Dead"? Unless you really love reading short stories, it's pretty easy.

"The Restless Dead" is basically a book comprised of several short stories, many of which I found to be quite enjoyable to read. The plots were original and the authors were very descriptive. These titles include "The House and the Locket", "The Heart of Another", "The Gray Boy's Work", and others as well. While these ghost-filled tales were fun to flip through, I would only recommend this book to people looking for a light read, or for people telling ghost stories around a campfire.

As a whole, I found the changes in writing styles and plots to be rather irritating, and I found it difficult to get really into the book because of this. The plot changes so many times that I found myself wanting to read the book less and less. I would have much rather read a book that has one plot throughout the entire reading, and I think that reading "The Restless Dead" was simply a waste of time. ( )
  ctmsmata | Sep 30, 2011 |
This novel, Restless Dead, involves various stories but the main theme is to follow your mind and do the right thing. This novel involves 10 short stories that are all scary and very mysterious. The first short story is about a boy Miles and his girlfriend just died from a car crashed. During the night he snucked out his house to dig up her grave to give the poem that he wrote for her and put them in her grave. When he dug out her grave there was was a dead person staring at him in his girlfriend grave. This girl has some freaky hair and acts like his girlfriend. In another short story, a girl became a jealouse of her younger dead sister since she had attracted a vampire boyfriend. So this girl tries to attract another vampire but then the vampire tries to kill her, just like how the girl sister died. The sister of this girl was found in a dumpster, and the she could not stop her sister from seeing her boyfriend sister. 221 pages out of 252 ( )
  xavier916 | Dec 15, 2010 |

Link, KellyContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Noyes, DeborahContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Sedgwick, MarcusContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wooding, ChrisContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Ten extraordinary authors spin hair-raising original tales collected by the anthologist of GOTHIC!

With scary stories by: M. T. Anderson, Holly Black, Libba Bray, Herbie Brennan, Nancy Etchemendy, Annette Curtis Klause, Kelly Link, Deborah Noyes, Marcus Sedgwick, and Chris Wooding

Enter the murky world of the undead. From a beyond-the-grave stalker to prankster devil worshippers, from a childish ghost of the future to a vampire lover with bloody ties to the past, the characters in these ten original stories will send shivers down your spine. Why do we fear the undead? Find out in this spooky companion volume to GOTHIC! TEN ORIGINAL DARK TAKES, and enjoy another graveyard walk in the company of ten contemporary masters of horror and suspense.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:20 -0400)

In this companion volume to "Gothic! ten original dark tales" discover why we fear the undead.

Candlewick Press

2 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763629065, 0763636711

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,423,430 books! | Top bar: Always visible