M.C. Escher : his life and complete graphic…

M.C. Escher : his life and complete graphic work ; with a fully… (1981)

by F. H. Bool, J. L. Locher (Editor), F. Wierda (Editor)

Other authors: Bruno Ernst (Contributor), M. C. Escher (Illustrator), J. R. Kist (Contributor)

Since Ester's death in 1972, at the age of seventy-three, much previously unpublished material has become available to his biographers, who have put it to good use. The story of the artist's life is told here with the help of virtually his entire correspondence, the journals of his travels, and, to supply the facts about his youthful years, the journals kept by his father.… (more)
Recently added bydebweiss, jpustka, mickdijk, kmacprint, private library, jfwsem, bernardpkeegan, yjd783, Funkthulhu

English (4)  Dutch (1)  All languages (5)
Gift from my colleagues at Sperry Univac Nederland, upon my departure in 1981.
  Savornin | Dec 21, 2018 |
Impressive large format book with excellent reproductions of Escher's work. Includes extensive biographical information about Escher and his father, an engineer by profession. There is an essay by Bruno Ernst, presumably about the mathematical aspects of Escher's impossible figures or of his tessellations. Hard to read all at one go because it is so large and unwieldy. ( )
  themulhern | Sep 6, 2016 |
There is not one thing about this book that is bad. I love the format, the thickness and weight, and I really enjoy that the story of Escher is included as well, its not all just pictures. However, that being said, it has a wonderful complete libary included of very high quality images of Eschers art. Escher is my favorite artist and I really believe that this book was one of the reasons he is so forefront in my mind. Thanks Mom for giving me this book when I was 11 years old. Its one I will hold on to.
  shatteredreflections | Oct 13, 2008 |
Best book about Escher I own ( )
  ValSmith | Aug 17, 2008 |

Escher, M. C.Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kist, J. R.Contributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Langham, TonyTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Peters, PlymTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 142,342,095 books! | Top bar: Always visible