Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
Recently added bystephanie.croaning, CindyMcMahon, private library, stellar32383, davidgn, bsobol, EasternLMS
    The Future of Us by Jay Asher (kaledrina)
    Totally Joe by James Howe (amysisson)
    amysisson: "Flipped" tells the same events from two different perspectives, with earnest and real teen POV. "Totally Joe" has only one perspective but with a creative format -- and with the other books in this series, you do get that multiple POV. Both highly recommended.… (more)

Loved it! Very innocent but charming!
And the movie was the closest movie ever made from a book!
Almost didn't change anything..maybe one or two things but that's it..
So if anyone liked the book, I recommend watching the movie! :):):)
Totally loved it! ♥♥♥ ( )
  smiley0905 | Sep 3, 2015 |
A great beach read - I read it this afternoon while enjoying the sunshine! There's some teen angst, but it's fun and realistic. I would recommend this one - a good, quick read. I think I'll read it with my tweens. ( )
  JenW1 | Jul 14, 2015 |
Hace tiempo que no veía una película tan hermosa como la que se hizo basada en esta novela.

Definitivamente, un libro que me anoto para comprar!!
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
This book brought me lots of laughter, remembrances of those awful unsure, awkward days of middle school and of girl/boy relationships. It's told from two viewpoints, which was really helpful in getting to know both Bryce and Juli and their families, and it teaches some valuable truths. ( )
  whymaggiemay | Apr 20, 2015 |
Juli Baker is the weird girl. She has always lived in the same house. She is used to things staying the same. Then, Bryce moves in down the street. Juli is infatuated with him from the start. He has beautiful eyes, so she wants to get to know him and hang out all the time. But Bryce doesn't feel the same. He believes she is the weird girl and he doesn't want to be seen with her.

I don’t know about anyone else, but I cried. A lot. I had a similar sentimentality to Juli's that seems to come with childhood. She loves her giant oak tree, but the city wants to cut it down. So, of course, she climbs it and sits there until the city makes her come down. Bryce witnesses every upsetting thing that happens to her yet doesn't do anything to help her until the end.

Flipped is a beautiful story of coming to grips with individuality. It isn't always easy being someone different. There are people out there who will do anything to bring you down. Juli and Bryce have a complicated relationship and the resolution is sad but beautiful.

I would recommend this to anyone that has children whom they feel are a bit different than everyone else- boy or girl. I could have used this book when I was younger. But now, it is quite an eye-opener to see how young people and even adults treat children who are unique. ( )
  theindigoshelf | Mar 22, 2015 |
Dedicated with infinite love to Colton and Connor, who make me feel like so much more than the sum of my parts.
All I've ever wanted is for Juli Baker to leave me alone.
One's character is set at an early age, son. The choices you make now will affect you for the rest of your life.

My mom didn't understand why it was so awful that 'that cute little girl' had held my hand. She thought I should be friends with her. "You like soccer. Why don't you go out there and kick the ball around?" Because I didn't want to be kicked around, that's why. And although I couldn't say it like that at the time, I still had enough sense at age seven and a half to know that Julianna Baker was dangerous.

What did a kiss feel like anyway? Somehow I knew it wouldn't be like the one I got from Mom or Dad at bedtime. The same species, maybe, but a radically different beast. Like a wolf and a whippet. Only science would put them on the same tree. Looking back, I like to think it was at least partly scientific curiosity that made me chase after that kiss, but it was probably more those blue eyes.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0375825444, Paperback)

Juli Baker devoutly believes in three things: the sanctity of trees (especially her beloved sycamore), the wholesomeness of the eggs she collects from her backyard flock of chickens, and that someday she will kiss Bryce Loski. Ever since she saw Bryce's baby blues back in second grade, Juli has been smitten. Unfortunately, Bryce has never felt the same. Frankly, he thinks Juli Baker is a little weird--after all, what kind of freak raises chickens and sits in trees for fun? Then, in eighth grade, everything changes. Bryce begins to see that Juli's unusual interests and pride in her family are, well, kind of cool. And Juli starts to think that maybe Bryce's brilliant blue eyes are as empty as the rest of Bryce seems to be. After all, what kind of jerk doesn't care about other people's feelings about chickens and trees? With Flipped, mystery author Wendelin Van Draanen has taken a break from her Sammy Keyes series, and the result is flipping fantastic. Bryce and Juli's rants and raves about each other ring so true that teen readers will quickly identify with at least one of these hilarious feuding egos, if not both. A perfect introduction to the adolescent war between the sexes. (Ages 12 to 14) --Jennifer Hubert

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:13 -0400)

In alternating chapters, two teenagers describe how their feelings about themselves, each other, and their families have changed over the years.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,709,655 books! | Top bar: Always visible