Sammy Keyes and the Skeleton Man by Wendelin…

Sammy Keyes and the Skeleton Man

by Wendelin Van Draanen

This book is a mystery series appropriate for young adults, grades 6-8. It is a little bit scary and has a good twist that these young adults would like. It is realistic fiction. ( )
  JillSmith23 | Apr 17, 2013 |
When Sammy and her friends go trick or treating on Halloween they decide to visit the Bush House and the infamous Bushman. They expect to ring the bell and have no answer, as the stories go, instead they are almost run over by a skeleton. As Sammy investigates the now open house, she finds the Bushman tied up and a fire set in the house. Sammy knows she shouldn't get involved, but she just can't stay away from the mystery.

Good clues and not too scary...just right for a juvenile mystery, though it is definitely geared more towards girls. ( )
  agrudzien | Jan 25, 2013 |
such a fun book i love it i would diffinetly read it again. i often crave reading another but i already read the whol series and im trying to read different books ( )
  liga1996 | Feb 1, 2011 |
I like Sammy and her friends, their relationships seem real to me - and Sammy is a far from perfect girl, her determination gets her into as much trouble as it gets her out of. ( )
  francescadefreitas | Oct 28, 2010 |
This was a very cute book. I enjoyed the story line. My daughter read this book when she was in middle school.

The story starts out on Halloween. Sammy, Marissa and Dot are getting ready for trick or treat. Sammy's Gram thinks she is too old for dressing up. The girls decide to knock on a house that is considered scary. As the girls are on there way to the house they are run down by a man in a skeleton costume.

That is the set up for a very adventurous story. There are more teenage going ons in the book that just added to the humor of the book.

This is a nice easy read for anyone that just wants an afternoon of relaxation. ( )
  crazy4reading | Dec 1, 2009 |
To Nancy Siscoe, a real treasure.

Special thanks to my husband, who continues to show good humor even when I'm acting spooky; to my family--both the in-laws and the outlaws--for cheering me on; and to Mary Lou Prohaska and Karen Macintosh, who know how to ring-and-run.  Thanks, too, to Bruce Miller at Phoenix Books, who (not coincidentally) keeps his sleeves and hair quite tidy.
It's not like I was trying to get myself into trouble.

Now in Knopf Paperback, seventh-grade gumshoe Sammy Keyes returns in her second mystery--a Halloween intrigue involving Frankenstein and a skeleton man in a tale of greed, grudges, and getting even.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:00 -0400)

On Halloween night, seventh grader Sammy stumbles onto a mystery involving a twenty-year-old family feud and some heirlooms stolen by a man in a skeleton costume.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,695,246 books! | Top bar: Always visible