Once upon a Potty : Boy by Alona Frankel

Once upon a Potty : Boy (1979)

by Alona Frankel

This book was an X-mas gift from a family member when I was only like 3 months pregnant, and I thought it was a weird gift. I was unaware how important it would one day be!
I moved across the country with my boy shortly before he was potty-trainable. I misplaced the book and ended up not having it when I needed it. After I had decided that potty-training my child was the hardest thing in the world since labor, I got my hands on the book again. And that's the end of the story!!! My son read the book with me, loved it, and decided to be just like "Joshua" who learned to go Potty! I also borrowed the video version of the story from the library and the room full of babies singing the potty song helped him become even more excited about going potty like a big kid. Thanks to this book, the ordeal of potty training was brought to a much-needed end.
  engpunk77 | Aug 14, 2015 |
How to go potty
  AkiHicks | Dec 2, 2013 |
  lilacdhs | Nov 8, 2013 |
We purchased this book to help our 18 month old to learn how to potty. It is excellent and sturdy. It is highly recommended.
  Rfaulk | Feb 25, 2013 |

This best-selling book-and-doll package includes a newly designed Joshua or Prudence doll and potty, paired with the Once Upon a Potty picture book.

Just like you, Joshua has a body, and this body has many nice and useful parts:
A head for thinking
Eyes for seeing
Ears for hearing
A mouth to talk and eat with
Hands for playing
A pee-pee for making Wee-Wee
Legs for walking and running
A bottom for sitting and in it a little hole for making Poo-Poo
Potty talk has long been considered taboo in conversation--even between parent and child. Thankfully, Alona Frankel presents toilet training in a frank, open way for parents and children. Available in both Girl and Boy formats, Once Upon a Potty books are best used as companion volumes to a child's new potty.

Dear Fellow-Parents,

Once Upon a Potty is best used as a companion volume to a child's new potty. I wrote this book when my own child was toilet training to help him better understand the process. My son was encouraged and excited by this story. It motivated him to make the developmental leap from diaper to potty.

Learning to use the potty is often a lengthy process, taxing the patience of both parent and child. When success finally comes--and it should come in its own good time, without undue pressure or haste--it enhances the child's confidence and pride. He has taken another step toward independence. He sat on the potty as a little child and got up feeling ten-feet tall.

It's one small step for mankind, but a giant one for your family.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:49 -0400)

Explains in simple text and illustrations why and how a little boy uses a potty.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,876,339 books! | Top bar: Always visible