The Actor and the Text by Cicely Berry

The Actor and the Text (edition 1993)

by Cicely Berry

Member:TomBarry
Title:The Actor and the Text
Authors:Cicely Berry
Info:Virgin Hardbacks (1993), Edition: Revised edition, Paperback, 304 pages

The Actor and the Text (Applause Acting Series) by Cicely Berry

A guide to exploring the written and spoken styles of theatre and language and how to approach them as a performer. Includes warm-up exercises and rehearsal techniques. ( )
  DeborahJ2016 | Oct 26, 2016 |
This is an EXACT reproduction of a book published before 1923. This IS NOT an OCR'd book with strange characters, introduced typographical errors, and jumbled words. This book may have occasional imperfections such as missing or blurred pages, poor pictures, errant marks, etc. that were either part of the original artifact, or were introduced by the scanning process. We believe this work is culturally important, and despite the imperfections, have elected to bring it back into print as part of our continuing commitment to the preservation of printed works worldwide. We appreciate your understanding of the imperfections in the preservation process, and hope you enjoy this valuable book.
  Roger_Scoppie | Apr 3, 2013 |
Designed for actors and public speakers who need to bring a spoken text to life, this book is a guide for both the beginner and the professional, showing how to get inside the words we use, see their full possibilities, and bring them alive for an audience.
  RKC-Drama | Mar 24, 2011 |
Amazon.com: "an excellent book which opens actors up to the idea of studying the text of the play rather than the action. Ms.Berry's book specifically focuses on the text of William Shakespeare's plays. She gives detailed examples of exercises that can be very useful to actors attempting to decipher the language of Shakespeare. Personally as an actor, I found this book to be extremely helpful not only for Shakespeare, but for all plays. The book really made me look at plays entirely differently. In the past when first reading a play, I would simply read through it and think about where my character starts out in the beginning of the play and where he would end up at the end of the play. When I read a play now I really pay a lot more attention to the words and the language that the author chose."
  mmckay | Apr 27, 2006 |

Berry, Cicelyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Nunn, TrevorForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Cicely Berry, Voice Director of the Royal Shakespeare Company, is world-famous for her voice teaching. The Actor and the Text is her classic book, distilled from years of working with actors of the highest calibre.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:35 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,844,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible