Operation Schneewolf: Thriller. by Glenn…

Operation Schneewolf: Thriller. (edition 2014)

by Glenn Meade, Audible Michael Treutler (Produzent), Detlef Bierstedt (Sprecher)

Member:CrazyTabasco
Title:Operation Schneewolf: Thriller.
Authors:Glenn Meade
Other authors:Audible Michael Treutler (Produzent), Detlef Bierstedt (Sprecher)
Info:Bastei Lübbe (Bastei Stars) (2014), Edition: Aufl. 2014, Audio CD

Snow Wolf by Glenn Meade

Snow Wolf is one of those books which takes some historical facts and weaves a fictional story around them. In this case it's the CIA following Stalin's declining health, Stalin's push to beat America to the hydrogen bomb and ultimately his death in mysterious circumstances.

I found the plot to be interesting and compelling however I did find myself struggling to maintain focus around half way the story then picked up towards the last quarter and I found the ending to be quite well done. ( )
  HenriMoreaux | Sep 2, 2017 |
I thoroughly enjoyed this fast-paced thriller. Cold War intrigue with spies, assassins, and international chicanery. I'm a fan of Glenn Meade! Certainly satisfying! ( )
  RonTyler | Aug 11, 2017 |
It is 1953. Joseph Stalin, the world's most tyrannical dictator, is teetering on the edge of insanity, and about to plunge the world into nuclear chaos. Only one man and one woman can penetrate the Iron Curtain and stop this madman, before it's too late.

But someone inside the Kremlin knows. And as the KGB's deadliest manhunter pursues these two CIA-hired assassins, another duel unfolds, between secret warriors of the West and East, with a U.S. agent caught in between. Now that agent must do the unthinkable: find his way to the heart of the Soviet Union and stop the mission he himself set in motion -- -before it ignites World War III. ( )
  dspoon | Jun 13, 2011 |
I admit it, I was obsessed with Alias. This obsession bled into my reading and led me to branch out and read something very different than I usually do. Snow Wolf, while very different from Alias, did not let me down. The author writes an introduction providing you with the historical context. At the end, the author details what was true, what was fiction, and the gaps in history that he played with. I learned a lot and was thoroughly entertained! ( )
  twoturtles | Nov 28, 2007 |
An awesome thriller about a plot to kill Stalin. There is action in this book, and it doe snot disappoint till the very end. ( )
  PODler | Apr 17, 2007 |
For Geraldine and Alex, and in memory of Julie-Anne
I had come to bury the dead and resurrect ghosts and so it seemed somehow appropriate that the truth and the lies of the past should begin in a graveyard.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0312962118, Mass Market Paperback)

Could Joseph Stalin have been murdered by an international hit team led by an American CIA agent and acting on orders from President Eisenhower? Fifty pages into this large and chewy first thriller by an Irish journalist, just published in paperback, you'll probably be: (a) totally convinced, or (b) so entranced by the characters, the perfect period details, and beautifully-described action that it won't matter.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:51 -0400)

On hearing the Soviet Union's dictator, Joseph Stalin, is preparing a nuclear strike against America, the U.S. parachutes two agents--Alex and Anna--to assassinate him. When the U.S. learns the Russians have discovered the plot, a man is sent to kill the agents, but with the help of a renegade Soviet general, Alex and Anna outwit everyone and penetrate the Kremlin.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,575,191 books! | Top bar: Always visible