7th Heaven by Patterson James and Paetro…
Title:7th Heaven
Authors:Patterson James and Paetro Maxine
Info:Century (2008), Edition: Airports / Export e., Paperback, 320 pages
Tags:7th heaven

7th Heaven by James Patterson

English (57)  Dutch (3)  German (2)  French (1)  All languages (63)
Listened to it while exercising. And yes, I have listened to the first six, or at least most of them. This was the lest enjoyable, but it did keep me walking. ( )
  TheresaCIncinnati | Aug 17, 2015 |
While investigating a string of arson attacks that are affecting some wealthy people around San Francisco and a young prostitute who has confessed to disposing of a missing persons body. To add to things her partner confesses he has feelings for her while she's also dealing with learning to trust Joe and learn to live with another person and trust them.

The court case about the missing man features Yuki and a reporter who has boundary issues.

It's an interesting read, nothing spectacular but the pages flew. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Apr 14, 2015 |
At the start of the gripping seventh Women's Murder Club thriller from bestseller Patterson and Paetro (after 2007's The 6th Target), San Francisco is still haunted by the disappearance of Michael Campion, the much-adored teenage son of a former California governor, three months earlier. Following up on a tip that Michael was last seen entering a prostitute's house, homicide inspector Lindsay Boxer and her new partner, Rich Conklin, are shocked when... ( )
  Tutter | Feb 28, 2015 |
Originally posted on my book blog!

Actual rating: 3.75

This book wasn’t as intense or gripping as the other ones. I could easily put this down for a few hours to do something else and hardly think about the book. That’s not to say that the book was bad, it just wasn’t as exciting and thrilling as others in the series. The book starts out with a bang but it fizzled out at times. It’s unfortunate because there were two very interesting plots that were in this book, it just didn’t work.

There is an arsonist on the loose that is burning up homes along with the people living in the home. After three houses and six victims, there are no leads. There is no evidence of how the fires even started. The only thing that they find at all the crime scenes in a book with a sentence in Latin in the book. This plot was sad but it just didn’t hit me the way others had. I can’t put my finger on it, but I just wasn’t gripping the book and speed reading to find out who the arsonists were and their reasoning for it. I also was a little disappointed with how this plot ended. Maybe I’ll read it again and appreciate it more, but I just found it odd.

The other plot was a little more exciting. The governor’s son is widely know around the country- for having a heart defect. Everyone knows who Michael Campion is. “The boy with the Broken Heart” has been missing for three months. No ransom note, no call home, no letters, absolutely no contact. Also no leads. Until there is a tip on the tip line and it’s not pretty. This story also went from “This is going to be awesome!” to yeah but where is the rest? I just didn’t feel connected to this plot. I was surprised by the ending of this one and I rather liked it, which bumped up my rating a little bit.

The one part of this book that I felt connected to was the romance/relationship with Joe. He’s finally in San Francisco full time and their relationship is growing into something that I could definitely handle reading about for a long time. But then there’s also her super attractive partner at work. She hasn’t gone and said that she has feelings for him, but it’s apparent that there is something there. I am exciting to see how these two relationships grow or fizzle in the coming books.

I love this series, so I won’t give up on it after a book that I didn’t love, but I do hope that the next one is better. Maybe I’m in a book funk which is possible. ( )
  beearedee | Feb 16, 2015 |
Read the book in three days and absolutly loved it... ( )
  Tara.Ross | Mar 14, 2014 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, MaxineAuthorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Strohm, LeoÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

hardcover dustjacket first edition signed

A terrible fire in a wealthy suburban home leaves a married couple dead and Detective Lindsay Boxer and her partner Rich Conklin searching for clues. And after California's golden boy, Michael Campion has been missing for a month, there finally seems to be a lead in his case--a very devastating lead.

As fire after fire consume couples in wealthy, comfortable homes, Lindsay and the Murder Club must race to find the arsonists responsible and get to the bottom of Michael Campion's disappearance. But suddenly the fires are raging too close to home.

Frightened for her life and torn between two men, Lindsay must find a way to solve the most daunting dilemmas she's ever faced--at work and at home.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:19 -0400)

As they investigate the arson deaths of a wealthy couple, detective Lindsay Boxer and Assistant DA Yuki Castellano find the case complicated by the disappearance of a former governor's son, internal pressure, and the media.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 99,784,251 books! | Top bar: Always visible