The New and Improved Vivien Leigh Reid: Diva…

The New and Improved Vivien Leigh Reid: Diva in Control

by Yvonne Collins

Series: Diva (3)

Reviewed by Taylor Rector for TeensReadToo.com

In this poignant novel about our favorite diva -- now in control -- there is lots of humor and romance.

Her mother is marrying a guy that Vivien would like if it wasn't for his daughters, who are awful to say the least. They are backstabbing, conniving little brats!

Jake (Vivien's mother's fiancé) got her a job on a new show that the critics said needed a female character. That would have been all right if Chaz, the director of Diamond Heights (the show she got fired from for being a diva) wasn't the director! He is, of course, rude to Vivien the whole time, and she knows that he only keeps her there because Jake owns the company producing the show. Being an actress doesn't sound so glamorous anymore, does it?

Not only is the director a jerk but the other male actors treat her horribly because she has never done stunts before. (The show is about people who were transformed into animals and they are trying to take down the mad scientist who made them this way. Totally an action show!)

I really liked this book because it is funny and lighthearted but also has a great plot. I think almost anyone could read this book and get something out of it! ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 12, 2009 |
I am such a huge fan of this series. I could not wait to get the latest installment and it did not disappoint. Once again our Vivien seems to get herself tangled up in the weirdest situations - she is back on TV - wearing a beast costume no less. The description of Vivien trying to a)believe that she has to be on national tv in a animal costume and b) Vivien's attempts at "being one" with the costume (tail and all) is hilarious. Vivien also may be finding love in this one or is she? While I really enjoyed the book, I missed the one on one moments that Vivien shared with her mother in the first book. For me, what works best in this series is the connection (sometimes tedious) between mother and daugher. With the twists in this book - Vivien and her mother seem to be heading towards less one on one and more family (by marriage) oriented themes - which I am not sure will work as well. However, the book is hilarious, our Vivien is her true self and this is a great purchase ( )
  Nitestar | Jun 1, 2008 |

All right, so she blew it! The last time she was in front of the camera, she acted like a total diva and ended up losing the gig. But now the new and improved Vivien Leigh Reid is back in L.A. and determined to make it right. While helping her mother plan for her wedding, Leigh unexpectedly lands a featured role in a new television series, and this time she is going to keep her inner diva in control.

It may not be easy as she hoped, though. The all-male cast of Freak Force, an action-adventure series about superhumanoids, isn't exactly thrilled to have a girl on board. Add that to the demands of her mother, who is quickly turning into Bridezilla, and a wicked soon-to-be stepsister, and Leigh's newfound cool may really be put to the test.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:46:50 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,769,376 books! | Top bar: Always visible