A Little House of Their Own by Celia Wilkins

The story of Caroline and Charles' courtship. A children's book, but still a read for those of us that have read the Little House books. I probably would have given it more stars if I'd been a child reading it, but as an adult I was probably expecting more than I ought to have expected. I also thought that the title made it sound as if more of the early days of their marriage would be the topic but it really was a case of 'The Events Leading Up to Getting A Little House of Their Own'

Nonetheless, it's a quick, pleasant read. ( )
  neferset | May 29, 2008 |
This is the Story about Laura’s Mother, Caroline Quinier, beginning to teach school for the first time. She deals with all the challenges of a new classroom while falling in love with Charles Ingalls, her neighbor. After refusing to travel across the county with him, he makes a farm for them on his parents’ property. ( )
  t1bclasslibrary | Nov 5, 2006 |
"Wake up, Miss Quinner!" a voice whispered, pulling Caroline out of a deep, dream-filled sleep.

Just after Caroline Quiner starts teaching at the Concord School, she runs into her fiddle-playing neighbor Charles Ingalls, who's full of plans to head out west. As their friendship turns to courtship, Caroline realizes that she has a difficult decision ahead of her -- and a choice that may mean leaving behind her family and everything she's ever known.

A Little House of Their Own is the seventh and final book in the Caroline Years series, and brings the story right up to where Little House began -- to Laura.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:09 -0400)

After achieving her dream of becoming a teacher in her small farm town of Concord, Wisconsin, in 1857, seventeen-year-old Caroline Quiner, who will become the mother of Laura Ingalls Wilder, begins a courtship with Charles Ingalls, a bachelor farmer who aspires to move west.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,505,695 books! | Top bar: Always visible