Are We There Yet, Daddy? (Picture Puffin…

Are We There Yet, Daddy? (Picture Puffin Books) (edition 2002)

by Virginia Walters (Author)

633324,174 (4)None
A young boy describes the trip he and his father make to Grandma's house, measuring how many miles are left at various points on the trip.
Member:CherylPatrick
Title:Are We There Yet, Daddy? (Picture Puffin Books)
Authors:Virginia Walters (Author)
Info:Puffin Books (2002), Edition: Reprint, 32 pages

Are We There Yet, Daddy? by Virginia Walters

a boy and his dad go on a road trip. The boy learns patience and how to use a map to find the way. I'm sure the dad learned to have patience as well through the many "are we there yet?s" when they get to their destination, the boy learns there is value in patience and trying new skills.
  lismk | May 8, 2018 |
In this wonderful picture book (written by Virginia Walters and illustrated by S.D. Schindler) a boy is taking a car trip with his father. As the duo travels along the highway, the reader can see not only the scenery, but also how that scenery would be depicted on a map. In other words, readers can see not only the book's beautiful illustrations of a river and a bridge; but also the symbols for a bridge and a river on a map. A fun book! ( )
  odonnell | Jul 10, 2010 |
A bit boring - almost as tedious as an actual car trip! But it has rhyming couplets and lets kids count backwards by 10s, as well as practice using a map.
  ht_storytime | Oct 3, 2005 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,071,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible