Living with Germs: In Sickness and in Health

by John Playfair

7None1,904,647NoneNone
The word germ is defined as 'a microbe that causes disease'. The vast majority of microbes do not infect us at all: it is pathogens that make us ill. These include bacteria, viruses, protozoa, fungi, worms, and prions. Living with Germs not only looks at all of these in detail, but also atthe defence mechanisms by which we come to terms with them, whether by eliminating them, stopping them from eliminating us, or simply learning to live with them. This is the first book to look at the subject of immunology in a relevant and approachable style.Using anecdotal and autobiographical material, John Playfair has produced a lively, well-written, and up-to-date look at immunology. Timely and topical, this will appeal to all those who want to know the facts behind the 'germ' scare stories.… (more)
Bartel (1) Box 3 (1) disease (2) germs (2) health (2) non-fiction (1)

No reviews

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,012,650 books! | Top bar: Always visible