The Age of Enlightenment: The 18th Century…

The Age of Enlightenment: The 18th Century Philosophers (1956)

by Isaiah Berlin

Selected basic writings of Locke, Berkeley, Voltaire, Hume, Reid, Condillac, Hammann and others.

Also known as the Age of Happiness when people began to turn away from the ideas of the Church. ( )
  ShelleyAlberta | Jun 4, 2016 |
In this stimulating volume the author, Isaiah Berlin, lucidly and succinctly presents commentaries on and selections from the basic writings of Berkley, Locke, Hume and others ( )
  caseyjohn | Mar 6, 2015 |
I read it in high school. Tedious, to be sure, for a 14-year old, but it started my thinking critically about worldview and the gathering of knowledge that can be assembled into worldviews.
  vegetarian | Apr 27, 2013 |
  vegetarian | Apr 27, 2013 |
  vegetarian | Apr 26, 2013 |
Philosophical problems arise when men ask questions of themselves or of others which, though very diverse, have certain characteristics in common.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,920,206 books! | Top bar: Always visible