Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury

Between Sundays (edition 2008)

by Karen Kingsbury

Member:wancar
Title:Between Sundays
Authors:Karen Kingsbury
Info:Zondervan (2008), Paperback, 320 pages

Between Sundays by Karen Kingsbury

Excellent and as all her stories very heart warming....with an NFL setting, very interesting and gives an excellent insight of foster children. ( )
  Jjean7 | Mar 10, 2015 |
Another great book by Karen Kingsbury. A professional football player as stereotypically selfish and vain as possible, finds out how he has allowed himself to be steered and manipulated when he is pursued by a young boy, and finds himself attracted to the boy's foster mother. The characters quickly invaded my heart, and I thought about this one more than once after it was done.

Bookcrossing: http://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/6392207/ ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 23, 2014 |
Read it for a book club. While it prompted good discussion, I was not overly impressed with the book. It is not my taste, so my assessment may be a little tainted. The message was nice, but the writing left me wanting. ( )
  ChuckS65 | Oct 7, 2013 |
Predictable, sappy, churchy and amazing. This isn't the type of book I am into, but I really enjoyed the change of pace for me. Aaron Hill, Derrick Anderson and Megan Gunn were believable, strong characters. Kingsbury did a good job of demonstrating some problems with the foster care system, though I feel like she glossed over some of the positives and focused a lot on the worst case scenario statistics; appropriate, though, if you are trying to reach/scare an uninformed audience. Easy read that I plan to pass on to a foster kid that I am working with. ( )
  elektherelic | Jun 26, 2011 |
Football team and Foster children in Oakland
  pbhenry | Dec 15, 2009 |

Karen Kingsburyprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Smith, AlexForewordsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Aaron Hill has it all---athletic good looks and the many privileges of a star quarterback. His Sundays are spent playing NFL football in front of a televised audience of millions. But Aaron's about to receive an unexpected handoff, one that will give him a whole new view of his self-centered life. Derrick Anderson is a family man who volunteers his time with foster kids while sustaining a long career as a pro football player. But now he's looking for a miracle. He must act as team mentor while still striving for the one thing that matters most this season---keeping a promise he made years ago. Megan Gunn works two jobs and spends her spare time helping at the youth center. Much of what she does, she does for the one boy for whom she is everything---a foster child whose dying mother left him in Megan's care. Now she wants to adopt him, but one obstacle stands in the way. Her foster son, Cory, is convinced that 49ers quarterback Aaron Hill is his father. Two men and the game they love. A woman with a heart for the lonely and lost, and a boy who believes the impossible. Thrown together in a season of self-discovery, they're about to learn lessons in character and grace, love and sacrifice. Because in the end life isn't defined by what takes place on the first day of the week, but how we live it between Sundays.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:11 -0400)

Three people--self-centered star quarterback Aaron Hill; pro football player Derrick Anderson, who has strayed from God; and social worker Megan Gunn, struggling to adopt a little boy--are brought together during a season of hope, self-discovery, and faith.… (more)

Zondervan

An edition of this book was published by Zondervan.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,853,822 books! | Top bar: Always visible