Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other…

Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride) (edition 2007)

by James Patterson

Title:Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Little, Brown Young Readers (2007), Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson

jim.antares | Nov 12, 2015 |
Read a bit of this, and several other youth novels by Patterson. He is without doubt the worst best-selling author I have ever encountered.
  librisissimo | Nov 4, 2015 |
Can you say emotional rollercoaster? I can and loved every minute of this one. I've laughed, I've cried now I'm ready to read the next installment :) ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Apr 17, 2015 |
I must say that the more I read this series, the more I love Max. She is sarcastic and witty, loving and caring, and tough and fiesty. Her constant ability to be sarcastic and still admit things to herself has me laughing through most of the book. She has to try to learn things on her own while basically raising 4 kids herself before she reaches age 15. That is a tough spot for anyone. With the recent trials that the group has befallen, throwing in some love triangles and things get even more interesting. Whereas there are plenty of funny times in this book, we also see Max reach her breaking point.
For the past five or so months this group has been on the run from everything like people, mutants, psychos, and now even robots. She breaks down and decides to try and remove her chip from her arm herself which really freaks everyone out and we finally see Fang make a move to show he cares for her. Fang and Max go looking for some place for them all to settle down together and just try to live without fighting for their lives or running all the time. She and Fang ends up kissing and oh how wonderful! Then, Max freaks out and they end up at Dr Martinez's again where she tries to take out Max's chip. While high on valium Max embarassingly confesses her love to Fang. While there, the rest of the group gets kidnapped and it looks like Angel has switched sides. When Max and Fang gets to the school to try to rescue the kids, they end up getting captured. Next occurs one of my most favorite scenes yet. I laughed til I cried at all the questioning and responses these kids gave. It was so well written that I couldn't believe it. Then, when they are about to be killed Angel turns out to be following a plan from Max and even Ari switches sides and helps them escape.
So, Max decides to let Ari come with them. His expiration date has already shown up, so Max wants to help him in the last month of his life. However, Fang ain't having it since Ari has tried to kill all of them more times than they care to count and he decides to leave. The next scene is sad because it becomes like parents making their children chose a side. It ends up the girls and Ari head to Europe while the boy head to LA. While in Europe they get captured in Germany and end up finding out many many things. Jeb comes in and tells Max about her real mom and dad and about Ari being her half brother. Max has to defeat a major person and Fang comes to the rescue in time through his blog while kids everywhere rise up against these big corporations.
Overall, a well writtne action packed story that has you wanting the final warning. ( )
  jessica_reads | Mar 24, 2015 |
This one actually finished with a certain level of completion. ( )
  Karyn_Ainsworth | Dec 29, 2014 |
Dedicated to Kelly and Kevin Okun. And everybody out there who might love books, if they were given books that loved them back.
"We have meticulously crafted the skeleton of our new world," the Director proclaimed from the large TV screen in the conference room.

In this book Max and Fang split up having the most terrible fights. But then Max and her tony flock gets caught. She for help from Fang, but he's half way across the globe will he make it in time in order to save the world from destruction?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031615427X, Paperback)

In MAXIMUM RIDE: SAVING THE WORLD AND OTHER EXTREME SPORTS, the time has arrived for Max and her winged "Flock" to face their ultimate enemy and discover their original purpose: to defeat the takeover of "Re-evolution", a sinister experiment to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race...and to terminate the rest. Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel have always worked together to defeat the forces working against them--but can they save the world when they are torn apart, living in hiding and captivity, halfway across the globe from one another?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:27 -0400)

The time has come for Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel to face their ultimate enemy and, despite many obstacles, try to save the world from a sinister plan to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,865,941 books! | Top bar: Always visible