Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other…

Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride) (edition 2007)

by James Patterson

Member:koolios
Title:Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (Maximum Ride)
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Little, Brown Young Readers (2007), Hardcover, 416 pages
Collections:Your library, Favorites
Rating:****1/2
Tags:Fave

Saving The World And Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson

Review: Saving The World And Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson.

I’m happy I read another book of this series because I got to know what my creative fun filled abnormal children have been up to. I wasn’t as crazy about this book as the first two but I still enjoyed the story to the end. This book was in a phase of battle throughout the story. Patterson has captured the right elements for his characters. We have Max, she tries to be the caretaker over the flock, Fang who is the oldest and stubborn at times and has a crush on Max, Iggy who is delightful, he’s smart and blind but that does not hinder his flying, Nudge who is a strong among the group and she is almost always serious, Gasman who I don’t have to say no more…he‘s gassy and can fill an area with an unforgettable aroma, than we have sweet little Angel who is spoiled by the entire group and she takes advantage of all the attention and last but not forgotten is Total a small talking dog. Except for the Total these kids were given up to a place in Itex Industry called “The School” a laboratory for experimental causes.

Ever since they all escaped “The School” they have been on their own surviving in a corrupt world and have taken on saving the world to make a better place for all to live. For a while the world wasn’t accepting these children and then the group finds out they have a lot of normal people who are behind them one hundred percent. James Patterson was a mastermind to create another new adventure to their story. What do kids go for? …Of course! …The internet. Fang now manages a blog on the internet to get others to help them accomplish their goal and it’s working… Max becomes a little jealous of Fang’s new adventure with the out side world. Plus, after this last battle with the Itex Industry enemies Fang wouldn’t accept Ari, the son of one of the lab techs, into their group because he was one of the old enemy erasers who tried to kill them. Ari has now helped the group escape a battle with the Itex Industry and he was the last of the old erasers with only a limited time to live. The situation splits up the group for the first time. Max takes Nudge, Total, Ari and Angel and heads to Europe and Fang takes Iggy and Gasman on a venture through the United States.

In the meantime their enemies from the lab who were still seeking the group four years later have now created new stronger robotic men called “The Flyboys”, who were stronger and more powerful than the old erasers. The Itex people were liquefying half the population of the world and only keeping people who would be useful to their cause. In the meantime, through action and strategy, Max finally has the sensor chip in her arm removed, Angel has turned to the Itex side and no longer wants to be with the group, Max relents and send out a message to Fang’s blog in need of help but Fang is delayed because he was fighting another battle back in the States, Max gets to know the changed Ari, and at last Max got the answer she has been looking for… who are her real parents!

The story moves on…the end is near…the final battle is about to be delivered….James Patterson does a great job putting an end to some of the old issues of the past while also creating new situations and characters to keep the story interesting. The group’s last words…. “Hopefully we’ll be back, and if we are, it won’t be pretty”.
  Juan-banjo | May 31, 2016 |
At last! A Maximum Ride I couldn't put down.

That is, half of it. At long last, Patterson answers some questions and cuts the flock in half, so that the reader can switch between one half and the next rather than reading about all the travel time. I felt like the flow was better in this one, there were unexpected twists and turns, and Saving the World - and Other Extreme Sports renewed my faith in the hype about the Maximum Ride series... enough that I will be picking up the next book when I run out of things to read.

However, for me, this book wasn't perfect. Understanding that it is intended for younger readers, some of the goings-on, especially under Fang's plotline with his blog, just didn't do it for me as a reader. I do, however, think that younger readers will enjoy that plotline - it is the idea of kids (not just the flock, but all kids) making a stand, and I like the premise behind it, even if she my point of view it felt a little cheesy. I genuinely believe that if I were five, six years younger, I would've loved that angle. Really.

And, lo, do I sense a little state-of-the-world disgruntlement, James Patterson? I do like the ideas behind the series - genetic biology, environmentalism - even when I find the characters a little much. ( )
  Morteana | Jan 27, 2016 |
There is never really an change in the formula for the Maximum Ride series, but why change a winner? ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
The time has come for Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel to face their ultimate enemy and, despite many obstacles, try to save the world from a sinister plan to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race.
  lkmuir | Dec 11, 2015 |
4.1
  jim.antares | Nov 12, 2015 |
Dedicated to Kelly and Kevin Okun. And everybody out there who might love books, if they were given books that loved them back.
"We have meticulously crafted the skeleton of our new world," the Director proclaimed from the large TV screen in the conference room.

In this book Max and Fang split up having the most terrible fights. But then Max and her tony flock gets caught. She for help from Fang, but he's half way across the globe will he make it in time in order to save the world from destruction?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031615427X, Paperback)

In MAXIMUM RIDE: SAVING THE WORLD AND OTHER EXTREME SPORTS, the time has arrived for Max and her winged "Flock" to face their ultimate enemy and discover their original purpose: to defeat the takeover of "Re-evolution", a sinister experiment to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race...and to terminate the rest. Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel have always worked together to defeat the forces working against them--but can they save the world when they are torn apart, living in hiding and captivity, halfway across the globe from one another?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:27 -0400)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,793,183 books! | Top bar: Always visible