Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other…

Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (edition 2008)

by James Patterson

Member:MoonSpider
Title:Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2008), Edition: REP REI, Paperback, 432 pages
Collections:Wishlist, Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2

Saving The World And Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson

At last! A Maximum Ride I couldn't put down.

That is, half of it. At long last, Patterson answers some questions and cuts the flock in half, so that the reader can switch between one half and the next rather than reading about all the travel time. I felt like the flow was better in this one, there were unexpected twists and turns, and Saving the World - and Other Extreme Sports renewed my faith in the hype about the Maximum Ride series... enough that I will be picking up the next book when I run out of things to read.

However, for me, this book wasn't perfect. Understanding that it is intended for younger readers, some of the goings-on, especially under Fang's plotline with his blog, just didn't do it for me as a reader. I do, however, think that younger readers will enjoy that plotline - it is the idea of kids (not just the flock, but all kids) making a stand, and I like the premise behind it, even if she my point of view it felt a little cheesy. I genuinely believe that if I were five, six years younger, I would've loved that angle. Really.

And, lo, do I sense a little state-of-the-world disgruntlement, James Patterson? I do like the ideas behind the series - genetic biology, environmentalism - even when I find the characters a little much. ( )
  Morteana | Jan 27, 2016 |
There is never really an change in the formula for the Maximum Ride series, but why change a winner? ( )
  biggs1399 | Jan 19, 2016 |
The time has come for Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel to face their ultimate enemy and, despite many obstacles, try to save the world from a sinister plan to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race.
  lkmuir | Dec 11, 2015 |
4.1
  jim.antares | Nov 12, 2015 |
Read a bit of this, and several other youth novels by Patterson. He is without doubt the worst best-selling author I have ever encountered.
  librisissimo | Nov 4, 2015 |
Dedicated to Kelly and Kevin Okun. And everybody out there who might love books, if they were given books that loved them back.
"We have meticulously crafted the skeleton of our new world," the Director proclaimed from the large TV screen in the conference room.

In this book Max and Fang split up having the most terrible fights. But then Max and her tony flock gets caught. She for help from Fang, but he's half way across the globe will he make it in time in order to save the world from destruction?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031615427X, Paperback)

In MAXIMUM RIDE: SAVING THE WORLD AND OTHER EXTREME SPORTS, the time has arrived for Max and her winged "Flock" to face their ultimate enemy and discover their original purpose: to defeat the takeover of "Re-evolution", a sinister experiment to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race...and to terminate the rest. Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel have always worked together to defeat the forces working against them--but can they save the world when they are torn apart, living in hiding and captivity, halfway across the globe from one another?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:27 -0400)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,082,158 books! | Top bar: Always visible