Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other…

Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports (edition 2008)

by James Patterson

Member:MoonSpider
Title:Maximum Ride #3: Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports
Authors:James Patterson
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2008), Edition: REP REI, Paperback, 432 pages
Collections:Wishlist, Read but unowned
Rating:****1/2

Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports by James Patterson

Maximum Ride Saving The Wold And Other Extreme Sports is the third book in the Angel Experiment series. The author of this book is James Patterson. I would suggest this book to people who are patient and like action, and also have read the first two books. I say patient because there a several slow chunks of the book. the main characters are Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy and Angel. These six characters form the flock. They are called the "flock" because each one of those six people are genetic experiments.

The time frame is set around modern day. The plot of the story is that the flock is being chased around america by robots called erasers. Erasers are robots and some times also expiermented humans that look like flying were wolfs. The erasers belong to a company called Itex. Itex created all of the expierments including the flock. The flock eventualy gets separated and on half of the flock get captured by itex. In the end the captued half of the flock get rescued by the other half of the flok and the entire flock reunites. ( )
  AnatoliaR.B1 | Oct 23, 2014 |
This is one of the best books in the series in my opinion. Just so you know, there will be spoilers in this review.

Max is a little confused toward Fang. Max, why did you fly away after Fang kissed you?! I mean I kind of know why, but still. It's kind of obvious that Max is falling for him. We saw in book one when she kissed him, and in book two when she got jealous.

I still love Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy and Angel. The Flock is awesome.

We also find out who Max's parents are. We also see Dr. Martinez and Ella again.

This book helped me like Ari more then I did. In books one and two I hated him. But in this book he was trying to make up for his mistakes.

The ending was so sweet! I love the epilogue. Who else ships Iggy and Ella! ( )
  barbiekait | Oct 16, 2014 |
Review Coming Soon~

Notes:

1.) pg. 223
"If they're not the Crips or the Bloods, does that mean they're the Cruds?"

WHAT TE FUCK. DID. I. JUST. READ. HOW THE HELL DOES HE KNOW ABOUT THESE GANGS? If Iggy gets shot or something.

2.) pg. 316
"Oh my gosh, i was so badass It was all I could do to not give a mwa ha ha ha!"

NO. JUST...NO.
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
Review Coming Soon~

Notes:

1.) pg. 223
"If they're not the Crips or the Bloods, does that mean they're the Cruds?"

2.) pg. 316
"Oh my gosh, i was so badass It was all I could do to not give a mwa ha ha ha!"

NO. JUST...NO.
  ku. | Sep 20, 2014 |
I must say that the more I read this series, the more I love Max. She is sarcastic and witty, loving and caring, and tough and fiesty. Her constant ability to be sarcastic and still admit things to herself has me laughing through most of the book. She has to try to learn things on her own while basically raising 4 kids herself before she reaches age 15. That is a tough spot for anyone. With the recent trials that the group has befallen, throwing in some love triangles and things get even more interesting. Whereas there are plenty of funny times in this book, we also see Max reach her breaking point.
For the past five or so months this group has been on the run from everything like people, mutants, psychos, and now even robots. She breaks down and decides to try and remove her chip from her arm herself which really freaks everyone out and we finally see Fang make a move to show he cares for her. Fang and Max go looking for some place for them all to settle down together and just try to live without fighting for their lives or running all the time. She and Fang ends up kissing and oh how wonderful! Then, Max freaks out and they end up at Dr Martinez's again where she tries to take out Max's chip. While high on valium Max embarassingly confesses her love to Fang. While there, the rest of the group gets kidnapped and it looks like Angel has switched sides. When Max and Fang gets to the school to try to rescue the kids, they end up getting captured. Next occurs one of my most favorite scenes yet. I laughed til I cried at all the questioning and responses these kids gave. It was so well written that I couldn't believe it. Then, when they are about to be killed Angel turns out to be following a plan from Max and even Ari switches sides and helps them escape.
So, Max decides to let Ari come with them. His expiration date has already shown up, so Max wants to help him in the last month of his life. However, Fang ain't having it since Ari has tried to kill all of them more times than they care to count and he decides to leave. The next scene is sad because it becomes like parents making their children chose a side. It ends up the girls and Ari head to Europe while the boy head to LA. While in Europe they get captured in Germany and end up finding out many many things. Jeb comes in and tells Max about her real mom and dad and about Ari being her half brother. Max has to defeat a major person and Fang comes to the rescue in time through his blog while kids everywhere rise up against these big corporations.
Overall, a well writtne action packed story that has you wanting the final warning. ( )
  jesssika | Sep 9, 2014 |
Dedicated to Kelly and Kevin Okun. And everybody out there who might love books, if they were given books that loved them back.
"We have meticulously crafted the skeleton of our new world," the Director proclaimed from the large TV screen in the conference room.

In this book Max and Fang split up having the most terrible fights. But then Max and her tony flock gets caught. She for help from Fang, but he's half way across the globe will he make it in time in order to save the world from destruction?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 031615427X, Paperback)

In MAXIMUM RIDE: SAVING THE WORLD AND OTHER EXTREME SPORTS, the time has arrived for Max and her winged "Flock" to face their ultimate enemy and discover their original purpose: to defeat the takeover of "Re-evolution", a sinister experiment to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race...and to terminate the rest. Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel have always worked together to defeat the forces working against them--but can they save the world when they are torn apart, living in hiding and captivity, halfway across the globe from one another?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:31:03 -0400)

The time has come for Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gasman, and Angel to face their ultimate enemy and, despite many obstacles, try to save the world from a sinister plan to re-engineer a select population into a scientifically superior master race.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,343,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible