The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of…
    By the Hand of Mormon: The American Scripture that Launched a New World Religion by Terryl L. Givens (richjj)
    richjj: A thoughtful telling of the emergence of the Book of Mormon and how it influenced the development of the Mormon religion.
    Understanding the Book of Mormon: A Reader's Guide by Grant Hardy (richjj)
    richjj: A careful review of the narrative structure and literary elements of the Book of Mormon.
    The "Book of Mormon": A Biography (Lives of Great Religious Books) by Paul C. Gutjahr (richjj)
    richjj: A scholarly study of how Mormons and outsiders thought about and used the Book of Mormon, since the time of its publication up to today.
    No Man Knows My History : The Life of Joseph Smith by Fawn M. Brodie (neverstopreading)
    neverstopreading: It is important to understand the creator of the Book of Mormon as you read it.
    The Kingdom of the Cults by Walter Ralston Martin (Anonymous user)

Used book - a serious reader had it before! dh
  AlanBudreau | Apr 5, 2018 |
I know these books are the word of God and they are changing my life for the better.
Je sais que ces livres sont la parole de Dieu et ils changent ma vie pour le mieux. ( )
  Bekalyn | Feb 9, 2018 |
Heresy. Fraud. This is not a revelation from Jesus Christ. ( )
2 vote bgiselbach | Jan 25, 2018 |
The ultimate guide to knowing Jesus Christ and living a better life. Not always an easy read, but essential. ( )
1 vote jasoncomely | Dec 28, 2017 |
This was my fourth reading of the Book of Mormon, from front to back, and I gained new insights from this handy edition. ( )
1 vote jasoncomely | Dec 28, 2017 |
Leroy Robertson wrote an Oratorio for the Book of Mormon published 1953.

Smith, Josephprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saintsmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Is contained in

Is retold in

Has the adaptation

Is abridged in

Inspired

Has as a reference guide/companion

Has as a study

An Approach to the Book of Mormon (Collected Works of Hugh Nibley, Vol 6) by Hugh Nibley

Who Really Wrote the Book of Mormon?: The Spalding Enigma by Wayne L. Cowdrey

An Ancient American Setting for the Book of Mormon by John L. Sorenson

Has as a commentary on the text

Has as a concordance

Has as a student's study guide

Has as a teacher's guide

I, Nephi, having been born of goodly parents, therefore I was taught somewhat in the learning of my father; and having seen many afflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days: yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a record of my proceedings in my days.
Brief Analysis of the Book of Mormon: Three classes of Record Plates are indicated on the title-page of the Book of Mormon, namely: 1. The Plates of Nephi... 2. The Plates of Mormon... 3. The Plates of Ether...
This work is for editions that contain the Book of Mormon only. Do not combine with editions that also contain other works such as the Doctrine and Covenants or the Pearl of Great Price.
A smaller format edition. The cover was described to me as bonded leather. The gold embossing on the front cover is not deeply imprinted.
Thin India paper, Bible Paper. Printed in China

The Book of Mormon is a volume of scripture comparable to the Bible. It is a record of God's dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas and contains, as does the Bible, the fullness of the everlasting gospel.

The book was written by many ancient prophets by the spirit of prophecy and revelation. Their words, written on gold plates, were quoted and abridged by a prophet-historian named Mormon. The record gives an account of two great civilizations. One came from Jerusalem in 600 B.C., and afterward separated into two nations, known as the Nephites and the Lamanites. The other came much earlier when the Lord confounded the tongues at the Tower of Babel. This group is known as the Jaredites. After thousands of years, all were destroyed except the Lamanites, and they are the principal ancestors of the American Indians.

The crowning event recorded in the Book of Mormon is the personal ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ among the Nephites soon after his resurrection. It puts forth the doctrines of the gospel, outlines the plan of salvation, and tells men what they must do to gain peace in this life and eternal salvation in the life to come.

After Mormon completed his writings, he delivered the account to his son Moroni, who added a few words of his own and hid up the plates in the hill Cumorah. On September 21, 1823, the same Moroni, the a glorified, resurrected being, appeared to the Prophet Joseph Smith and instructed him relative to the ancient record and its destined translation into the English language.

In due course the plates were delivered to Joseph Smith, who translated them by the gift and power of God. The record is now published in many languages as a new and additional witness that Jesus Christ is the Sone of the living God and that all who will come unto him and obey the laws and ordinances of his gospel may be saved.

Concerning this record the Prophet Joseph Smith said: "I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book."

In addition to Joseph Smith, the Lord provided for eleven others to see the gold plates for themselves and to be special witnesses of the truth and divinity of the Book of Mormon. Their written testimonies are included herewith as "The Testimony of Three Witnesses" and "The Testimony of Eight Witnesses."

We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and the to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost. (See Moroni 10:3-5.)

Those who gain this divine witness from the holy Spirit will also come to know by the same power that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world, that Joseph Smith is his revelator and prophet in these last days, and that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's kingdom once again established on the earth, preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:28 -0400)

The Book of Mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to the Bible. It is a record of God's dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas and contains, as does the Bible, the fulness of the everlasting gospel.

Legacy Library: Joseph Smith

Joseph Smith has a Legacy Library. Legacy libraries are the personal libraries of famous readers, entered by LibraryThing members from the Legacy Libraries group.

See Joseph Smith's legacy profile.

See Joseph Smith's author page.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,814,069 books! | Top bar: Always visible