A Crack in Forever by Jeannie Brewer

A Crack in Forever (edition 1997)

by Jeannie Brewer

Member:MissMac
Title:A Crack in Forever
Authors:Jeannie Brewer
Info:Bantam Books Ltd (1997), Edition: New Ed, Paperback, 304 pages

A Crack in Forever by Jeannie Brewer

English (4)  Dutch (1)  All languages (5)
A real tear jerker of a love story ( )
  BookWormM | Jan 15, 2016 |
As a romance, or a romantic drama, this isn't a bad read, but I can't say that it's something I'd particularly think to pass on or reread. In the end, it was as predictable as possible, and while the writing was fine, it also wasn't anything to really keep me turning the pages. Simply, my interest regularly flagged, and I'm not sure that having the time to read more quickly would have made much of a difference. If you want a romance that tackles the issues related to HIV/AIDS, you might find this worth picking up, but it will otherwise just fade into a generic romance for this particular reader. ( )
  whitewavedarling | Jul 17, 2012 |
A love story in the 80's, in the middle of a social revolution, AIDS, the new role of the woman in society... This is one of the books that will remain with me forever. ( )
  Luli81 | Oct 24, 2010 |
One of the best books I've ever read... 5 stars is not even close... ( )
  Stubben | Nov 29, 2006 |
I feel my hands and they're slippery with blood.

Eric Moro, a brilliant young medical student who loves women, was born to be a surgeon. But when he first enters Alexandra Taylor's life, he is nothing more to her than the ideal artist's model. However, before too long, she is captivated by his reckless sensuality - the wayward smile that speaks of mischief, the intimate candour that leaves her raw and exposed, the unquestioning love, unlike any she has ever known before. They enter into a relationship astonishing in its ferocity. But then a foolish act from Eric's past comes back to haunt them and instead of planning an outdoor wedding - instead of facing a romantic 'forever' - they are confronted by the ultimate tragedy. Inevitably, death will force them apart, yet ultimately it is death, and their struggle to fight against it, that will ensure their love survives

Eric Moro is a medical student eager to earn fast money modeling; Alexandra Taylor is an artist quite accustomed to drawing men's nude bodies. They fall deeply into a relationship astonishing in its intensity that transforms their lives. Then a foolish act from Eric's past rises to cast a devastating shadow over their idyllic relationship. But they will discover that within the very struggle to endure and to fight lie the seeds which can ensure love's survival. A LG alternate selection.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:21 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,815,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible