Leaper: The Misadventures of a…

Leaper: The Misadventures of a Not-Necessarily-Super Hero

by Geoffrey Wood

Quirky, funny, and good-hearted. A little too short, with a less-than-booming climax, but I’m hoping it’s the beginning of a series. ( )
  wktarin | Nov 12, 2008 |
Competent, enjoyable book, gives some insights on what it means to do good and how each of us can use the powers we have. ( )
  spyderella | Mar 14, 2008 |
Maybe it's just me, but I just didn't care for Leaper. I didn't like the main character, and I just never understood the angst going on. And I didn't think it was terribly witty as was advertised. I quit about 1/3 of the way through, but recognize that the latter half may be better than the first half. Hence the two stars instead of fewer stars. ( )
  drneutron | Oct 26, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 140007343X, Paperback)

Has he gone crazy? Had too many espressos?
Or is he really a brand new super hero?

What if one day-suddenly, inexplicably-you discover you have a superpower? And what if it's not a very good superpower, either, like flying or super strength, and you have no idea what you are supposed to do?

Leaper follows the confessions of reluctant hero James, a recently divorced, life-long barista who finds himself in just such a predicament and asking those very questions. Is his newfound leaping power a miracle from God? The result of a lifetime of over-caffeination? Or a final break from sanity? Should James “do good” with his ability? But if doing good proves trickier than expected, where do you go for a superpower manual? And what is “good” anyway?

In this witty, unconventional novel, debut novelist Geoffrey Wood serves up equal doses of sharp humor and disquieting poignancy, exploring the meaning of redemption, beauty, and faith beyond all reason.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:19:33 -0400)

What if one day -- inexplicably -- you discover you have a superpower? And it's not a very good superpower, either, like flying or super strength, and you have no idea what you are supposed to do? Leaper follows the confessions of reluctant hero James, a recently divorced, life-long barista who finds himself in just such a predicament and asking those very questions. Is his newfound leaping power a miracle from God? Or a final break from sanity?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,387,166 books! | Top bar: Always visible