Mid-Flinx by Alan Dean Foster
579None17,035 (3.59)None
Recently added bybqqks, Golias, KirkLowery, BJ3568, Thorby, phelixbot, HexiJester, ananda_ren, private library
Alan Dean Foster (5) aliens (5) Commonwealth (6) ebook (11) fantasy (6) fiction (35) Flinx (56) flinx adventures (3) for sale (2) hardcover (9) have read (3) Humanx (15) Humanx Commonwealth (13) Kindle (3) Midworld (3) novel (4) own (6) paperback (8) pb (3) Pip (5) psionics (4) read (12) science fiction (130) series (8) sf (24) sff (12) snakes (2) space opera (5) to-read (7) unread (4)

FLINX
  rustyoldboat | May 28, 2011 |
I was looking forward to this book and the next 5 books. That was, until I read this one. I grow tired of one book ending with "I am done searching for my parentage" and the next book starting with "I must discover my parentage". Also, the theme of "I am meant for greater things, but I don't want to do greater things" is starting to get old. Please, Mr. Foster, review the plots for your previous books before writing another sequel! ( )
  RV_Winnie | Aug 4, 2007 |
Foster's rich, detailed alien ecologies remain delightful, as he brings one of his most interesting characters into one of his most fascinating worlds. Pursued by those who would use or destroy him, Flinx hides himself on a planet more perilous and wonderous than any he has encountered before, among the people who have adapted to it as it has to them. ( )
  WingedWolf | Jun 25, 2006 |
If everyone's going to chase me, Flinx thought, I should've been born with eyes in the back of my head.

WELCOME TO MY WORLD

Flinx instinctively threw up his free hand to protect his face as he fumbled at his recalcitrant holster with the other. Something shattered the air just above him with an explosive pop.
     Then he was enveloped by a mass of transparent wings and pulsing organs. The flesh he kicked at frantically as he sought to keep those glass-toothed jaws away from his neck felt like sheets of water-filled plastic.
     It struck him that the creature was hardly moving. When he crawled out from beneath the quiescent mass, he saw why.
     Its head was gone. Pink blood pumped from severed arteries in rapidly decreasing streams.
Pip! Flinx climbed shakily to a crouch. Pip, where..."
     The flying snake lay off to his right, on her back. She didn't move ...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345406443, Mass Market Paperback)

OVER THE EDGE
Where Flinx and his flying minidrag Pip went, trouble always followed--that law had governed their lives through years of unsought danger and galactic intrigue. Now an evil rich man was out to kidnap the minidrag for his personal zoo, and Flinx and Pip were on the run again--this time into uncharted space, on a random course they hoped would foil their pursuers.
They found more than they bargained for when they landed on Midworld, a verdant planet covered by an immense jungle, hosting an incredible variety of plant and animal life--all of it unknown and all of it deadly. And now they were in real trouble. Their hiding place was in danger of discovery, and their only hope lay with this bizarre and untamed planet . . . if it didn't kill them first!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:06:31 -0400)

The space adventures of Philip Lynx and his flying snake, Pip, both products of illegal genetic engineering. They possess such acute senses they can feel the emotions of others, something that gives Lynx headaches. By the author of Flinx in Flux.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,413,766 books! | Top bar: Always visible