And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry…

And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street (original 1937; edition 1989)

by Dr. Seuss (Author)

Series: Dr. Seuss' Marco (1)

3,419782,671 (4.01)43
A boy imagines a series of incredible sights on his way home from school so that he will have an interesting report to give his father.
Member:ihatemyelf
Title:And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street
Authors:Dr. Seuss (Author)
Info:Random House Books for Young Readers (1989), 40 pages
Rating:*****

And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street by Dr. Seuss (1937)

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Typical Dr. Seuss fare. It wasn't one of my favourites as a kid, but I liked it okay.
  Tara_Calaby | Jun 22, 2020 |
Different than really any of the other picture books I read, Street kept me thinking long after it was done. Sure I loved Subway and Crayon, but this was a story where it made me take into greater consideration the implications of the plot. More specifically, I found myself asking: what was the point of the boy not saying his fantasy to his father; could it have something to do with keeping his own sense of wonder as long as possible? Was that the lesson the father set out to teach in the first place? Even as I am revisiting my first reactions to the story, I am still trying to grapple with these ideas literally months later. As such, Street is a picture book I could definitely see as being enjoyed/analyzed by an age group beyond that of developing readers. ( )
  TNAEWWF123 | Apr 27, 2020 |
I think this book is a great way in which children can let their imagination run wild. ( )
  DW_Acheronlover | Dec 13, 2018 |
Macro allows his imagination run wild as he travels home from school with an abundance of colorful creatures. ( )
  cms143 | Nov 20, 2018 |
For Helene McC. Mother of the One and Original Marco
When I leave home to walk to school,
Dad always says to me,
"Marco, keep your eyelids up
And see what you can see."

As little Marco describes the horse and wagon he saw on Mulberry Street, they are transformed into an elephant and a band wagon with a retinue of police. Ages 4-8.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,768,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible