Deadly Code by Lin Anderson

Deadly Code (edition 2007)

by Lin Anderson

Member:austcrimefiction
Title:Deadly Code
Authors:Lin Anderson
Info:Hodder Paperbacks (2007), Paperback, 272 pages
Rating:**
Tags:Crime

Deadly Code by Lin Anderson

Fiona MacLeod travels north to investigate a foot caught in a fishing net off the Isle of Skye. This is just before she heads off on a visit to America to go to a conference. While there she encounters a racist group who use Scotland and race as a cornerstone of their beliefs. Rhona is doing research on targeted DNA and this may have implications in her investigation. However when she returns she finds that the Ministry of Defence are getting involved and it's all a mess.

I didn't find myself as drawn to the characters as I have before, the places were great but I felt rushed and no real feeling of travel between spaces. Not bad but I wanted better. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Jan 9, 2014 |
DEADLY CODE is the 3rd book in the Dr Rhona Macleod series, a series, which up until now I've really enjoyed, but for some reason this one didn't work. Mind you, terrific sense of place, very atmospheric what with Macleod off in the remote Scottish Isles battling the evil menace of a cult of Scottish extremists. Or I think that's what they were. The big problem was that the plot was a bit too silly at points. Not that the idea of extremists of any kind is a bad concept, but not where there needs to be so much coincidence and frankly, a whole heap of heavy lifting to get Macleod into the action, get her to the various locations, and keep her involved. And the resolution is one of those extreme leaps of science that, sure, could happen. But hasn't as yet. And I kind of like my crime fiction to stay away from the realms of speculative / science fiction. Having said that, my main problem with this book was the enormous leaps of coincidence and a certain feeling of convenience about the whole thing that meant it didn't work. Onwards to the next in the series for this reader. (I understand there's 6 of them now). ( )
  austcrimefiction | Dec 12, 2012 |

This is the third novel in the crime series featuring Dr Rhona MacLeod, Glasgow-based forensic detective. 'Deadly Code' sees MacLeod drawn north to investigate the grisly discovery of a foot floating serenely in the waters off the Isle of Skye. But where is the rest of the body? Originally published: Edinburgh: Luath, 2005.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,641,575 books! | Top bar: Always visible