dismiss

Swimmy by Leo Lionni

Swimmy (1963)

by Leo Lionni

A little black fish in a school of red fish figures out a way of protecting them all from their natural enemies.
Recently added byteafairy, WPHECSPEC, Rma_school, lcslibrarian, lpatel, Zarz, private library, NancyH2020

A story of a fish who is different from his friends, but ultimately is the hero in the end. ( )
  jxs184 | Apr 5, 2020 |
Swimmy is about a brave fish that survived the danger of the sea. After almost being eaten he found a school of fish hiding out fearful of being eaten. Swimmy devised a plan with the help of a school of fish to scare off the large tuna that had been targeting the school of fish. This a great book to encourage working together and overcoming fear. ( )
  Lakieshal | Feb 18, 2020 |
Great to show children to work together when dealing with the same obstacle.
  Laura.Vance | Oct 17, 2019 |
Swimmy is about a little fish who loses his school of fish to a big tuna. He adventures off on his own until he comes across another school of fish. He has to help this new school of fish go out and play safely. I appreciate Leo Lionni's illustrations. This book, in particular, has very beautiful, creative colors. He seems to use animal characters in many of his books. His characters are drawn simple yet very unique. ( )
  dbourgeois | Sep 18, 2019 |
Swimmy was a great book. My students loved the different colors and illustrations on each page. This book did a great job about emphasizing working together. We are all better together, helping one another, than we are apart and trying to make it on our own. We can rely on each other in our times of weakness and draw on each other's strengths. ( )
  JasmineMcBride | Sep 11, 2019 |
For my friend, Alfredo Segre who gave Swimmy his name.
A happy little school of fish lived in a corner of the sea somewhere.
Information from the Portuguese (Portugal) Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.

Swimmy is a little black fish who is the fastest swimmer in the sea. Swimmy and his friends love to swim together, until one day his friends are eaten by bigger fish. Swimmy got away just in time, because he's so fast. Although Swimmy appreciates his ability, he misses his friends. Swimmy then decides to show his small fish friends how to use teamwork to overcome the big fish. Extensions: teamwork, helping others in need

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,477,499 books! | Top bar: Always visible