The Matarese Circle by Robert Ludlum

The Matarese Circle (1979)

by Robert Ludlum

English (10)  Dutch (1)  German (1)  All languages (12)
The Matarese killers will take over the world within two years... The No.1 bestseller from 'the world's most read writer' [GQ]
  JESGalway | Feb 12, 2019 |
An international circle of killers, the Matarese will undoubtedly take over the world within just two years. Only two rival spies have the power to stop them: Scofield, CIA, and Talaniekov, KGB. They share a genius for espionage and a life of explosive terror and violence. But though these sworn enemies once vowed to terminate each other, they must now become allies. Because only they possess the brutal skills and ice-cold nerves vital to their mission: destroy the Matarese.
  Cultural_Attache | Jul 16, 2018 |
  christinejoseph | Aug 23, 2015 |
This might be my favorite Ludlum novel. Toss up between this and the Bourne Trilogy, perhaps.
  pastor_jac | Mar 21, 2015 |
after watching long ago movies extracted from his books (of course, the Bourne series- both the old one with Chamberlain and the more recent ones), I bought long ago an audiobook on one of those stories

recently, as I found that was available a "reader" parsing most of Ludlum's writing career (the owner of a London bookshop said that he kept writing book after he died- to which I retorted, "as Bob Marley did with music"), after buying by change a second-hand copy of "Icarus" (mainly because I was thinking to "I comme Icare, a post-Kennedy movie about a political conspiracy and an investigating magistrate) and reading it, I was curious.

well, Le Carré and others (in movies: Woody Allen) can turn boring, when they recycle too often their clichés

but this book is as farcical as it was the last part of "The Firm" from Grisham- from page 1

so, I dropped out after a couple of hundreds of pages (out of over 600)- maybe I will have a better disposition and will read it end-to-end few years down the road: for the time being, I still prefer a farce that claims to be a farce, than a spy story that is trying to stick together just thanks to a backbone story that is walking on chopsticks :) ( )
  aleph123 | Feb 24, 2015 |
For Jonathan with much love and deep respect
The band of carolers huddled at the corner, stamping their feet and swinging their arms, their young voice penetrating the cold night air between the harsh sounds of automobile horns and police whistles and the metallic strains of Christmas music blaring out from storefront speakers.

Only two rival spies—and one mysterious woman—can stop them: Scofield, CIA, and Talaniekov, KGB. They share a genius for espionage—and a life of terror and explosive violence. Sworn enemies, they have vowed to terminate each other—yet now they must become allies. Because only they possess the brutal skills and ice-cold nerves vital to destroy an international circle of killers, the Matarese.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:37 -0400)

Intelligence experts of the United States and the Soviet Union join forces to foil an attempt by a group of terrorists to topple the world's governments.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,735,608 books! | Top bar: Always visible