I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen…

I Am America (And So Can You!) (edition 2007)

by Stephen Colbert

Member:LightHeavyweight
Title:I Am America (And So Can You!)
Authors:Stephen Colbert
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2007), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 240 pages
Collections:To read
Tags:Nonfiction, Humor, Satire, Politics

I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert

Unfortunately I Am America (And So Can You!) suffers from a ton of flaws and less-than-funny low-points. And the high points that appear in the book certainly don't pay for them. Look for Stephen's sequel book, America Again instead. ( )
  Salmondaze | Jul 10, 2014 |
Well, even though I went against the natural order of things, and I am not a Hero (because I didn't buy the book), I thoroughly enjoyed reading this.

Colbert's ideas on everything from getting into an Ivy League school to What's Turning Me Gay to how to Dominate Animals.

Freaking hilarious.

Added bonus: It has his speak from the White House dinner where he seriously pissed off Dubya. Glorious.

I think I like America: The Book (John Stewart) a little more..but this was a hilarious. ( )
  csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |

Freaking hilarious.

csweder | Jul 8, 2014 |
This book was just OK. Nothing really that special about it, I love The Colbert Report and thought that this would be a hilarious read, but I was wrong. ( )
  wallerdc | Mar 26, 2014 |
Has some pretty funny parts, and is a pretty enjoyable read. Could have been better though. A lot of Colbert's humor is added to by his facial expressions, body language, and timing, and there is few ways to carry that over into a book. ( )
  broccolima | Jan 26, 2014 |
If ''I Am America (And So Can You!)'' had nothing but its title, its Colbert cover portrait and 230 blank pages instead of printed ones, it would make a cherished keepsake just the same.

Stephen Colbertprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Brumm, Michael C.secondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To America
I am no fan of books. (Introduction)
My earliest memory is from when I was three years old.

Congratulations--just by looking at this webpage, you became 25% more patriotic.

From Stephen Colbert, the host of television's highest-rated punditry show The Colbert Report, comes the book to fill the other 23¿ hours of your day. I Am America (And So Can You!) contains all of the opinions that Stephen doesn't have time to shoehorn into his nightly broadcast.

Dictated directly into a microcassette recorder over a three-day weekend, this book contains Stephen's most deeply held knee-jerk beliefs on The American Family, Race, Religion, Sex, Sports, and many more topics, conveniently arranged in chapter form.

Always controversial and outspoken, Stephen addresses why Hollywood is destroying America by inches, why evolution is a fraud, and why the elderly should be harnessed to millstones.

I Am America (And So Can You!) showcases Stephen Colbert at his most eloquent and impassioned. He is an unrelenting fighter for the soul of America, and in this book he fights the good fight for the traditional values that have served this country so well for so long.

Please buy this book before you leave the store

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:30:04 -0400)

From the host of television's comedy-punditry show The Colbert Report, comes the book to fill the other 23 hours of your day. This book contains all of the opinions that Stephen doesn't have time to shoehorn into his nightly broadcast, his most deeply held knee-jerk beliefs on The American Family, Race, Religion, Sex, Sports, and many more topics, conveniently arranged in chapter form. Stephen addresses why Hollywood is destroying America by inches, why evolution is a fraud, and why the elderly should be harnessed to millstones. You may not agree with everything Stephen says, but at the very least, you'll understand that your differing opinion is wrong.--From publisher description.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,651,466 books! | Top bar: Always visible