I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen…

I Am America (And So Can You!) (edition 2007)

by Stephen Colbert

Member:LightHeavyweight
Title:I Am America (And So Can You!)
Authors:Stephen Colbert
Info:Grand Central Publishing (2007), Edition: 1, Hardcover, 240 pages
Collections:To read
Tags:Nonfiction, Humor, Satire, Politics

I Am America (And So Can You!) by Stephen Colbert (Author)

Hilarious. ( )
  AllInStride | Apr 20, 2016 |
unny and a quick read! I actually giggled and guffawed out loud a bit! Embarrassing, but worth it! ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | Jan 22, 2016 |
This book was a funny read. I could hear Stephen in my head the whole time, and I definitely think if you don't watch the Report you won't like this. ( )
  MelanieTid | Jan 18, 2016 |
People who enjoy the tv show The Colbert Report will love this book; people who don't, won't. It's full of Colbert's characteristic opinions on a variety of topics, such as family, religion, sports, education, the media, immigrants, and science. The footnotes, sidenotes, pictures, and graphics all work with the text to remind us how silly our society can be sometimes. The only thing I didn't like about the book was that the number of grammatical errors bothered me, although most people probably won't notice them. ( )
  AmandaL. | Jan 16, 2016 |
I listened to the audiobook version of the book. I think having Colbert reading the book improved it. I found the book funny and a lightehearted read. ( )
  RachelNF | Jan 15, 2016 |
If ''I Am America (And So Can You!)'' had nothing but its title, its Colbert cover portrait and 230 blank pages instead of printed ones, it would make a cherished keepsake just the same.

Colbert, StephenAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lesser, Franksecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Purcell, Tomsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Silverman, Allisonsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To America
I am no fan of books. (Introduction)
My earliest memory is from when I was three years old.

Congratulations--just by looking at this webpage, you became 25% more patriotic.

From Stephen Colbert, the host of television's highest-rated punditry show The Colbert Report, comes the book to fill the other 23¿ hours of your day. I Am America (And So Can You!) contains all of the opinions that Stephen doesn't have time to shoehorn into his nightly broadcast.

Dictated directly into a microcassette recorder over a three-day weekend, this book contains Stephen's most deeply held knee-jerk beliefs on The American Family, Race, Religion, Sex, Sports, and many more topics, conveniently arranged in chapter form.

Always controversial and outspoken, Stephen addresses why Hollywood is destroying America by inches, why evolution is a fraud, and why the elderly should be harnessed to millstones.

I Am America (And So Can You!) showcases Stephen Colbert at his most eloquent and impassioned. He is an unrelenting fighter for the soul of America, and in this book he fights the good fight for the traditional values that have served this country so well for so long.

Please buy this book before you leave the store

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:09:47 -0400)

From the host of television's comedy-punditry show The Colbert Report, comes the book to fill the other 23 hours of your day. This book contains all of the opinions that Stephen doesn't have time to shoehorn into his nightly broadcast, his most deeply held knee-jerk beliefs on The American Family, Race, Religion, Sex, Sports, and many more topics, conveniently arranged in chapter form. Stephen addresses why Hollywood is destroying America by inches, why evolution is a fraud, and why the elderly should be harnessed to millstones. You may not agree with everything Stephen says, but at the very least, you'll understand that your differing opinion is wrong.--From publisher description.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,249,854 books! | Top bar: Always visible