The Happy Lion by Louise Fatio

The Happy Lion

by Louise Fatio

Other authors: Roger Duvoisin (Illustrator)

Series: The Happy Lion series (1)

(2) animal stories (8) animals (19) children (6) children's (24) children's book (3) children's books (4) community (3) CPB (2) emotions (6) escape (4) Everybody (2) exploring (3) fiction (11) France (18) French (3) friends (6) friendship (9) German (2) happy (4) juvenile (5) languages (4) lions (23) own (2) picture book (17) preschool (3) primary (3) read (3) respect (3) zoo (21)

What a simple harmless lion story. I really liked that while every adult completely misunderstood the situation, Francois, the child knew just what to do and didn't overreact at all. How delightful! ( )
  matthewbloome | May 19, 2013 |
"Bonjour! Happy Lion!" My four-year-old son and I love to say this to each other. This is a classic French story book and such a fun one! I think it's just as much fun for me to read as it is for my my son to listen. It does have that 50ish-early 60's sort of feel to it because of the illustrations, but it's still timeless. ( )
  paroof | Jun 29, 2009 |
This is a very cute book about a lion's lifestyle within a zoo. I would read it to my classroom before a fieldtirp to the zoo, so that we could relate the book to the student's visit. ( )
  rjmcwhorter1 | Sep 14, 2008 |
$5.99
  hse | Apr 18, 2007 |

Louise Fatioprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Duvoisin, RogerIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

The lion at the little French zoo is a favorite of all the townspeople. Every day they stop by to feed him tidbits and say, “Bonjour, Happy Lion.” Naturally, when the lion finds his door open, he decides it would only be proper to visit all his friendly neighbors in return. But, wait—sacré bleu! Why is everyone fleeing in terror?

“Louise Fatio’s timeless tale about friendship still sparkles and Roger Duvoisin’s elegant illustrations are as engaging as ever in this 50th Anniversary edition.” —School Library Journal

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:49:34 -0400)

When the door to his house at the zoo is left open a lion decides to visit his friends, but he quickly learns that people are not nearly as polite or friendly in town as when they visit him at the zoo.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,489,298 books! | Top bar: Always visible