Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband (The…

Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband (The Daughters of the Glen, Book 1) (edition 2007)

by Melissa Mayhue

225None51,490 (4.02)16
Member:sherton
Title:Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband (The Daughters of the Glen, Book 1)
Authors:Melissa Mayhue
Info:Pocket (2007), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Rating:****1/2
Tags:fantasy, paranormal romance, series

Thirty Nights with a Highland Husband by Melissa Mayhue

I always adore books written around the fae ( )
  ChachaCenteno | Feb 6, 2014 |
This looks like a Christmas Eve read to me. If I get any time. Or maybe Christmas Day.
  LarissaGBrown | Dec 26, 2013 |
Caitlyn catches her fiance cheating on her, and the scumbag makes her feel like his indiscretion is her fault. While she deals with the betrayal (and comes to her senses), she is transported to 13th century Scotland for the purpose of saving a highlander's sister from marrying an abusive man - as the bride of said highlander.

Connor (the Highlander) is a man of honor, and as such, he vows to keep Caitlyn safe.

For those of us that love Scottish historicals, this story has it all. A tough, American heroine and a fierce Scottish warrior, combined with a bit of the wee folk for a touch of magic that only true love can spark. ( )
  Karla.Brandenburg | Apr 13, 2013 |
Very good paramormal romance ( )
  Fairydragonstar | Mar 30, 2013 |
Caitlyn is having one of the worse days of her life, her fiancee is having an affair with his secretary and has no idea what she should do and feels like she is losing a part of herself. Then drowning her sorrows with a good glass of wine, after she puts on a pendant, and mysterious and yet sex stranger appears in her bedroom asking her to return home to him to Scotland 800 previous to marry him and save his sister,,,and Caitlyn does it knowing that life couldn't get much worse than being married for thirty days. Only once Caityln arrives things just go from average to worse, her life is in danger, the wedding has been delayed, and she knows she is in love with a man that can never love her in return...Thirty Night with a Highland Husband is the first that I have read by this author and I can hardly wait to read more by this author. I have heard some good things, but I didn't know if I would like her books, and now I know that I really love her style of writing. This story was charming and tender and I will admit I got a tad emotional at times. This book has such a magical touch to each page that I couldn't escape from the pages and I just fell in love with Connor and Caitylyn, I also have a love for time travel romances and this one tops the list in my book!!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 13, 2013 |
PROLOGUE: Long, long ago on a beautiful spring day in the Highlands of Scotland, a Prince of the Fae Folk peered through the curtain separating his world from that of the mortals.

In the misty recesses of time a Faerie Prince loses his true love, prompting a blessing on all his mortal female descendants, bestowing his powers on them that they should be protected and allowed to find their own true loves.

Connor MacKiernan is a 13th century Scottish warrior, a descendent of that Faerie prince, a man who lives only for honor and duty, but he has a huge problem. His experience of betrayal at the hands of women has left him suspicious and distrustful of any woman's motives. He's sworn never to marry, but finds he must do exactly that to save his sister. With the help of his well-meaning aunt, and a little Faerie magic, the search for a bride is on.

Caitlyn Coryell is a 21st century woman who longs to be strong enough to find love without sacrificing who she is. Her experience with an unfaithful fiance who wanted to marry her only for her family's money and influence has left her doubting her desirability and any man's reason for wanting her. Imagine her surprise when she puts on an antique pendant and Connor appears in her bedroom, begging her help to save his sister. He offers a simple adventure: travel to his time, marry him and return home. But nothing's simple when the adventure backfires, trapping Cate in the 13th Century.

An ancient Faerie's blessing reaches across the barriers of time to unite two emotionally wounded people. But it will take more than the magic of the Fae to heal their hearts. It will require the most powerful magic of all - the magic of true love.

Desperate to marry in order to save his sister, Connor MacKiernan, a thirteenth-century descendant of the Fae Prince, uses a little Faerie magic to find a bride, journeying to twenty-first-century Denver and into the arms of Caitlyn Coryell, a thoroughly modern young woman dealing with an unfaithful fiance.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,407,426 books! | Top bar: Always visible