Top Secret 2 - Heiße Ware by Robert…

Top Secret 2 - Heiße Ware (original 2004; edition 2006)

by Robert Muchamore, Tanja Ohlsen (Übersetzer)

Series: CHERUB (2)

Member:Twickers
Title:Top Secret 2 - Heiße Ware
Authors:Robert Muchamore
Other authors:Tanja Ohlsen (Übersetzer)
Info:cbt (2006), Taschenbuch, 352 pages

Class A by Robert Muchamore (2004)

Readers should note that this novel has been published under the titles 'Class A', 'The Dealer' and 'The Mission'. As far as I am aware, there are no differences between the text of these books.

This book was certainly more exciting than The Recruit. The story got moving far faster and contained some more exciting sequences (although some did push the boundaries of plausibility a bit further). I really liked the way that the bad guys were all portrayed as completely ordinary (and likable) people as it helped to ground the story in reality and create some decent moral dillemmas for James.

Character development was still a little flimsy. There was still a lot of the novel devoted to kids "hanging out" - parties, petty theft, drinking, drug taking - which seems jarringly out of place when you consider that most of the characters are supposed to be 12-13 years old. None of them really act like 12 year old children - they all seem a bit too fixated on relationships and booze. Some of them (Kerry) even speak more like miniature adults than kids in their own right. This novel also contains a bit of bad language which is possibly something else to consider before giving it to a younger teen.

My biggest issue with the story is still James's morality. He's a member of the secret service yet he seems to lack any sort of moral compass. He views things like shoplifting and joyriding to be cool, flirts with every girl he meets and is almost convinced to take cocaine by someone merely offering him a go. His reaction on discovering that one of his friends is gay is also pretty terrible - he doesn't even really come to fully accept this by the end of the novel. All in all, I just couldn't like him as a protagonist and therefore I struggled to fully enjoy this novel. ( )
  ArkhamReviews | May 24, 2015 |
I thought class A was a great book, it was full of action and humour that suited the whole story. The storyline was about a kid named James who was an orphan, in the previous book, the government organisation called Cherub, recruited James and he then worked for the undercover organisation Cherub. This book was Jamese first mission, he had to work undercover and deliver class A drugs to get closer to his target. Class A was one of my favourite books and I highly reccomend it. ( )
  murratho2018 | Jun 18, 2013 |
I rated this book a 4/5 because it was really interesting and never wanted to put it down. This story was about a boy called James, who is a secret agent at cherub. He is on his second mission dealing with the KMG. I recommend this book for readers aged 10 to 15. ( )
  ekinsluc2018 | Jun 1, 2013 |
I rated this book a 4/5 because it was really interesting and never wanted to put it down.This story was about a boy called james, who is a secret agent at cherub. He is on his second mission dealing with the KMG. I recommend this bok for readers aged 10 to 15. ( )
  lucaekins | May 21, 2013 |
Cherb Class A is a part of a series of books. This particular book is about a illegal drug dealer caled the KMG. This business is transporting cocaine and selling in the streets of london.

Now cherb- the secret kids organisation is trying to stop KMG and stop there cocaine supples.

I prefer this book to 10 and over year olds. ( )
  5c.library | Oct 25, 2011 |

GREAT BOOK!! i have read all the books and they are great, every thing a teen wants. Action love betrayal sex...

CHERUB is not James Bond. There are no master criminals or high-tech gadgets. CHERUB kids slip under adult radar and get information that sends criminals and terrorists to jail. Keith Moore is Europe's biggest cocaine dealer. The police have been trying to get enough evidence to nail him for more than twenty years. Now, four CHERUB agents are joining the hunt. Can a group of kids successfully infiltrate Keith Moore's organisation, when dozens of attempts by undercover police officers have failed? James Adams has to start at the bottom, making deliveries for small-time drug dealers and getting to know the dangerous underworld they inhabit. He needs to make a big splash if he's going to win the confidence of the man at the top.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:59:45 -0400)

James Adams is on his biggest mission yet, working to nail Europe's most powerful cocaine dealer. He'll need all his specialist training if he's going to bring down the man at the top. Suggested level: intermediate, secondary.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,525,295 books! | Top bar: Always visible