Missione al nord by De Mille Nelson

Missione al nord

by De Mille Nelson, Pera R. (Translator)

Member:saintwo2005
Title:Missione al nord
Authors:De Mille Nelson
Other authors:Pera R. (Translator)
Info:A. Mondadori
Tags:2000, narrativa

Up Country by Nelson DeMille

Recently added byEJanega, private library, wm3395, Rjhmzn, Amanda105, BookHavenAZ, loismurray, dverg48, mfeinberg1961

Good - a little too long, but pretty interesting. Gave me an insight into what it was like in Vietnam. ( )
  mtlkch | Jun 21, 2016 |
I absolutely loved this book, I couldnt put it down, best book I have read this year!! And now I am a fan of Mr. DeMilles. Thank you for an incredible read. ( )
  JoBDo | Jan 2, 2016 |
Demille's books always have a thesis, but it's often hard to pick out because the thing is so long. I was expecting 28 hours, but it was only 8.5...just right. I rated it 5* because it was exciting and kept me reading/listening long into the night. Adventure, espionage, suspense--all elements that make a book interesting for me. The characters seemed well developed: Mang, the VN "cop"--hated him. Brenner, our hero, always finding a way to solve the problem and Susan, the versatile woman you love to hate. Demille's characters are always wise cracking smart asses--I wonder if he's that way. I don't know why the author likes to describe clothing, though. Fun book, and condensed, just the right length. ( )
  buffalogr | Oct 23, 2015 |
This the second book in the Paul Brenner series by Demille. He only wrote two in the series. The first one was the General Daughter's which was made into a movie with John Travolta playing Paul Brenner. Brenner has retired and brought back into the Army to find about about a murder of a lieutenant in the US Army by an Army Captain. It was witnessed by a North Vietnam solder. So, Brenner is leading the investigation with a CIA agent. I recommend this book. It is long but it is worth it. ( )
  terrygraap | Apr 25, 2015 |
The last thing Paul Brenner wanted to do was to return to work for the Army's Criminal Investigative Division, an organization that thanked him for his many years of dedicated service by forcing him into early retirement. ( )
  Tutter | Feb 26, 2015 |

Nelson DeMilleprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Howard, KenReadersecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Trust exists; only falsehood has to be invented. -George Braqu
For those who answered the call
Bad things come in threes.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0446611913, Mass Market Paperback)

In Up Country, Nelson DeMille cannily revives the army career of Chief Warrant Officer Paul Brenner, the cynical, hardworking Criminal Investigation Division man who was forcibly retired after solving the high-profile killing in The General's Daughter. Brenner's called back to investigate the murder of a young army lieutenant by his captain. The catch is, the crime took place during the heat of the Tet Offensive, and the only living witness was a North Vietnamese soldier who described the incident in a 30-year-old letter that has only recently come to light. Soon Brenner, a Vietnam vet, is on an ostensible nostalgia tour of his old stomping grounds. The trip immediately turns dangerous as he heads "up country" to search for the letter writer, accompanied by a gorgeous American businesswoman, who's hiding more than even the smartest CID officer could imagine.

DeMille, who saw his own tour of duty in Vietnam (and even found a letter on a dead Vietnamese soldier), intersperses historical facts and chilling political possibilities with enough local color to provide some serious flashbacks for his fellow veterans. To non-vets the book may seem very long, but the payoff at the end is worth a couple hundred extra pages. --Barrie Trinkle

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:10 -0400)

Retired Army investigator Paul Brenner is called back into service to investigate the death of a soldier thirty years earlier in Vietnam--a case that stirs up many unpleasant memories.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 109,217,762 books! | Top bar: Always visible