The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal…

The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence… (original 1998; edition 1998)

by Lee Strobel

Member:jewelsjoy12
Title:The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus
Authors:Lee Strobel
Info:Zondervan (1998), Edition: 1, Paperback, 304 pages
Collections:NonFiction, Your library

The Case for Christ: A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus by Lee Strobel (1998)

English (63)  Slovak (1)  Dutch (1)  All (65)
I have read this book before, and probably will again. Strobel presents evidence for Christ and the resurrection that changed his mind and had him converting from an atheist to a Christian. Sometimes it is not bad to be reminded! ( )
  hobbitprincess | Jun 20, 2017 |
“The Case for Christ” is an investigative journalist’s recounting of his spiritual journey, one that took a skeptic from long-standing atheism to faithful believer.

Supporting references and insightful interviews with recognized experts buttress his search for answers and offer readers a wealth of information couched in the author’s unbiased pursuit for compelling evidence in support of the truth.

Highly recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | Jun 7, 2017 |
I read this a number of years ago and also watched the author's video testimony. An avowed atheist the author's life is radically altered when he is confronted with the truth about Jesus.

This is one of the best evidences for the verse "If you seek Me with all you heart you will find Me." Lee Strobel's testimony proves that if a person seeks the truth with all their heart they can find it. If only there were more people out there like Strobel who could not rest until he found the truth, wherever his search led him. In a similar manner to the Apostle Paul, having acknowledged Jesus as Lord, he became as passionate about reaching others with the message of salvation as he had been about his atheism.....

I enjoyed this book for the author's testimony alone--it is well documented in this book. His "case for faith" takes second place in my view.

I recommend this book although it has been a while since I read it. ( )
  sparkleandchico | Jun 2, 2017 |
5459. The Case For Christ A Journalist's Personal Investigation of the Evidence for Jesus, by Lee Strobel (read 9 Apr 2017) The author was an investigative reporter for the Chicago Tribune and after he became a believing Protestant in 1981 he undertook to interview 15 Protestant Scripture scholars about the evidence for Jesus and His Divinity. He discusses with each of the scholars evidence which shows that Jesus lived, died, and rose from the dead and was the second person of the Holy Trinity. Since the author was convinced before he started his investigation and since he interviewed only scholars who agreed with his conviction, it is not surprising that he reports finding convincing reasons for his belief. I confess I was bothered that he only talked to Protestants and that he utterly ignores Catholic scholars, who would have supported his claims for Jesus as well and would have also shown that Jesus instituted the Eucharist and asked that it be celebrated in memory of Him. In his discussion the only Catholic scholars he so much as mentions are Luke Timothy Johnson and the late Father Raymond E. Brown--and his mention of them is minimal. But then the book was published by a Protestant publishing house and is designed for Protestant readers, so his slant is understandable. But there are many effective points in support of Jesus in the book and I found it worth reading, so far as it went. ( )
  Schmerguls | Apr 9, 2017 |
Many who rated this book were quick to condemn Lee for writing a book about a Savior he encountered on a personal journey to find answers. God won him over through his (Lee's) doubtful, prove-it personality. I love how God works in individual lives!

Lee's heart is to help show others what God so patiently showed him. He wants you to have what he found. All of Christians want that. We want you reconciled to Him.

Until the end of this age, there will be critics of Jesus that will only believe if they see unmitigated proof first hand ( some won't even believe that) but blessed is the one who believes without seeing.

I challenge those of you who do not believe or have doubts about who Jesus is, to do as Lee suggests..... Read the Bible, study it, investigate it and ask The One True God to show you the truth. Be open to what He shows you. He loves you enough to suffer an excruciating death for you. He loves you enough to open your eyes if you will only ask.

I believe that Jesus is the incarnation of God, His Son, my Redeemer, My Savior, the perfect image of a loving God. I believe in Father, Son and Holy Spirit as One as much as my finite mind can understand. Why? Because I have a personal relationship with a personal God. I don't know about how or what anyone else feels.... But knowing Jesus and feeling him in my heart is the most satisfying peaceful feeling possible. The only way to understand it is to experience it!

God gave us free will. How won't force us to believe. It's a personal choice. ( )
  slhayes | Jul 2, 2016 |
In the parlance of prosecutors, the attempted murder case against James Dixon was "a dead-bang winner."

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0310209307, Paperback)

The Case for Christ records Lee Strobel's attempt to "determine if there's credible evidence that Jesus of Nazareth really is the Son of God." The book consists primarily of interviews between Strobel (a former legal editor at the Chicago Tribune) and biblical scholars such as Bruce Metzger. Each interview is based on a simple question, concerning historical evidence (for example, "Can the Biographies of Jesus Be Trusted?"), scientific evidence, ("Does Archaeology Confirm or Contradict Jesus' Biographies?"), and "psychiatric evidence" ("Was Jesus Crazy When He Claimed to Be the Son of God?"). Together, these interviews compose a case brief defending Jesus' divinity, and urging readers to reach a verdict of their own.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:04 -0400)

Using the dramatic scenario of an investigative journalist pursuing his story and leads, Strobel uses his experience as a reporter for the Chicago Tribune to interview experts about the evidence for Christ from the fields of science, philosophy, and history.… (more)

Zondervan

4 editions of this book were published by Zondervan.

Editions: 0310209307, 0310226058, 0310226465, 0310226279

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,249,188 books! | Top bar: Always visible