The Hidden Child (Patrick Hedstrom and Erica…

The Hidden Child (Patrick Hedstrom and Erica Falck, Book 5) (edition 2011)

by Camilla Läckberg, Tiina Nunnally (Translator)

Title:The Hidden Child (Patrick Hedstrom and Erica Falck, Book 5)
Authors:Camilla Läckberg
Other authors:Tiina Nunnally (Translator)
Info:Harper (2011), Paperback, 400 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:Erica Falck, Patrick Hedstrom, murder, world war two, nazism, diaries, swedish fiction

The Hidden Child by Camilla Lackberg

English (32)  Dutch (7)  Spanish (6)  French (4)  German (4)  Catalan (3)  Swedish (2)  Danish (2)  Italian (1)  Norwegian (1)  All languages (62)
Crime writer Erica Falck is shocked to discover a Nazi medal among her late mother’s possessions. Haunted by a childhood of neglect, she resolves to dig deep into her family’s past and finally uncover the reasons why. Her enquiries lead her to the home of a retired history teacher. He was among her mother’s circle of friends during the Second World War but her questions are met with bizarre and evasive answers. Two days later he meets a violent death. Detective patrik Hedström, Erica’s husband, is on paternity leave but soon becomes embroiled in the murder investigation. Who would kill so ruthlessly to bury secrets so old? Reluctantly Erica must read her mother’s wartime diaries. But within the pages is a painful revelation about Erica’s past. Could what little knowledge she has be enough to ( )
  bpascoe | Nov 16, 2015 |
This is the second book in the series I have read. I intend to go back and read them in order from the beginning. I enjoyed this book as I did the other book I read. The characters have faults and virtues and behave like real people. There is detail about the lives of the characters but that adds to the enjoyment. ( )
  scot2 | Oct 19, 2015 |
Detailed characters, a fascinating crime, a great sin hidden in the past. A typical scandinavian crime story. And it's good.... ( )
  TheCrow2 | Sep 20, 2015 |
In small town Sweden, a retired history professor, who collects Nazi items for historical purposes, is murdered in his home. When Erica reads the diaries of her deceased mother, she finds there's a connection between her mother and the murdered man when they were teenagers. Erica starts researching to see if she can find out more. The story switches between present day with the investigation into the murder by numerous people and the 1940s during WW II with Erica's mother and the other teenagers, until they come together with all the pieces of the puzzle.

This is the third book I've read by this author and I continue to enjoy her style of switching between different characters and different time periods to slowly reveal all the information. There is very little graphic detail. There's a lot on relationships between family, friends and co-workers, which I like as a contrast to the murder investigation. ( )
  gaylebutz | Sep 11, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book despite the fact that it took me a month to read it. I don't know if I was too busy or if the amount of information in the book over loaded me, but I finished it and it was another winner by Lackberg! The twists and turns between present day and the war years was a lot to keep up with for some reason. No different than any of her other books, but this one just seemed like more. Maybe it was because the information (plot) was regarding such heavy material. Natzism and such. I highly recommend it. I only have The Drowning and The Stranger (which comes out in May 2013 left. I will be so disappointed when I finish this series! ( )
  campingmomma | Aug 20, 2015 |
En Las huellas imborrables, Camilla Läckberg entreteje con maestría una historia contemporánea con la vida de una joven en la Suecia de 1940. Escrita con numerosos flashbacks, en esta novela Erica Falck debe adentrarse en el oscuro pasado de su propia familia.

El verano llega a su fin y la escritora Erica Falck vuelve al trabajo tras la baja de maternidad. Ahora le toca a su compañero, el comisario Patrik Hedström, tomarse un tiempo libre para ocuparse de la pequeña Maja. Pero el crimen no descansa nunca, ni siquiera en la tranquila ciudad de Fjällbacka, y cuando dos adolescentes descubren el cadáver de Erik Frankel, Patrik compaginará el cuidado de su hija con su interés por el asesinato de este historiador especializado en la Segunda Guerra Mundial.

Mientras tanto, Erika hace un sorprendente hallazgo: los diarios de su madre Elsy, con quien tuvo una relación difícil, junto con una antigua medalla nazi. Pero lo más inquietante es que, poco antes de la muerte del historiador, Erika había ido a su casa para obtener más información sobre la medalla. ¿Es posible que su visita desencadenara los acontecimientos que condujeron a su muerte?
added by Pakoniet | editLecturalia

Camilla Lackbergprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Heijden, Elina van derTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jongeneel, WivecaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Wille & Meja
In the stillness of the room the only sound was from the flies.

Hvers vegna skyldi móðir Ericu Falck hafa varðveitt gamla nasistaorðu? Spuringin lætur Ericu ekki í friði og hún hefur uppi á sögukennara á eftirlaunum til að leita svara. Sá bregst hins vegar undarlega við og veitir engin svör. Tveimur dögum síðar er hann látinn. Myrtur. Ericu bregður í brún þegar henni berast fréttir af morðinu. Eftir að hafa tvístigið lengi tekur hún til við að lesa dagbækur móður sinnar og kemst þá að því að á stríðsárunum var móðir hennar í sama félagsskap og hinn myrti. Gæti heimsókn Ericu til hans hafa hrundið af stað atburðarás sem leiddi til morðsins? Hver skyldi vera reiðubúinn að fremja morð til að hindra að sannleikurinn um löngu liðna atburði líti dagsins ljós?Í Ástandsbarninu eru það fjölskylduleyndarmál Ericu Falck sem koma upp á yfirborðið meðan lögreglan í Taumshede þarf að komast af án Patriks Hedström sem er í feðraorlofi.
Camilla Läckberg fléttar samtímanum listilega við heillandi frásögn af atburðum í lífi ungrar konu á fimmta áratugnum.Ástandsbarnið er fimmta bók Camillu Läckberg um Ericu og Patrik Hedström.

Crime writer Erica Falck is shocked to discover a Nazi medal among her late mother's possessions. Haunted by a childhood of neglect, she resolves to dig deep into her family's past and finally uncover the reasons why.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,869,753 books! | Top bar: Always visible