Two-way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

Two-way Street (original 2007; edition 2007)

by Lauren Barnholdt

Member:thekaisu
Title:Two-way Street
Authors:Lauren Barnholdt
Info:Simon Pulse (2007), Edition: Original, Paperback, 304 pages

Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt (2007)

Letting Go by Bridie Hall (Anonymous user)
    Anonymous user: Both books are road trip stories with a lot of romantic tension between the protagonists.

2.5 Stars

Ugh! I hate to read a book that I think is really great read when reading the book I find that I am disgusted by the characters of the book. ALL of them. I could not connect and as much as I liked the story I thought that the characters were absolutely annoying. The secret was horrible and I think that Jordan was not a man and was absolutely a horny -- teen who drove me bananas.

Not my favorite by a long shot :(
  Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
On one level this book was offensive - terrible language, such a casual and disrespectful attitude towards sex and women. Yet on another level there was something both sad and redeeming about the story line. Jordan finds himself falling in love and forced to keep a secret that he should never have had to carry around. He is failed by the adults that should have protected him and in coping with this knowledge and his growing feelings for Courtney he does the only thing he can think of. The ending provides some resolution, but the tension of truth and betrayal, of love in the hands of teens who have only a vague understanding left me feeling unsettled and a bit outraged on behalf of these kids who deserved to have better parents. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Apr 26, 2016 |
This was a cute, and funny book. I love books about road trips. This is the perfect summer read! ( )
  stephanie.dicesare.7 | Jun 25, 2014 |
I liked this book, it's a very light road trip read. I read it in around four hours, because it's a page turner.

For a full review, please check out my blog at http://www.thebooktower.webs.com ( )
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
I ended up dropping this book at page 30 . it was a good book but not my kind of book . it was more of a romance novel which I personally don't lke . It was about a break up on both sides of the relationship. i wouldn't recommend it if you weren't into the love novels . lastly it was slow , for the 30 pages i did read i wasn't interested at all . ( )
  br13chlev | Mar 4, 2013 |
For my sister, Kelsey, because she begged and begged to have a book dedicated to her (and also because she's amazing and wonderful and makes my book signings a lot more fun)
I'm a traitor to my generation. Seriously. All we hear about these days is being strong women and standing up for ourselves, and now look what I've done.
So, Sex is very important to a relationship, he says. How do you know you love her if you haven't had sex with her?
Not even dignifying that with a response, I say. The weird thing is, even though Courtney and I haven't had sex, I haven't thought that much about it. I mean, I have thought about having sex with her, of course, and I definitely want to, but I haven't thought much about the fact that we're not having it. It's just something I figure will happen when it happens. Courtney's a virgin, so obviously I'm not going to rush it.

Courtney is about to embark on a cross-country road trip to college with her boyfriend, Jordan, when he dumps her. Despite the breakup, they decide to go on the trip together.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,320,063 books! | Top bar: Always visible