Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.
The Winter's Tale (1623)
Compact | Rate recommendations
Is contained in
Was inspired by
Has as a student's study guide
Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743484894, Mass Market Paperback)FOLGER Shakespeare Library
THE WORLD'S LEADING CENTER FOR SHAKESPEARE STUDIES
Each edition includes:
· Freshly edited text based on the best early printed version of the play
· Full explanatory notes conveniently placed on pages facing the text of the play
· Scene-by-scene plot summaries
· A key to famous lines and phrases
· An introduction to reading Shakespeare's language
· An essay by a leading Shakespeare scholar providing a modern perspective on the play
· Illustrations from the Folger Shakespeare Library's vast holdings of rare books
Essay by Stephen Orgel
The Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, D.C., is home to the world's largest collection of Shakespeare's printed works, and a magnet for Shakespeare scholars from around the globe. In addition to exhibitions open to the public throughout the year, the Folger offers a full calendar of performances and programs.
(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:01:56 -0400)
Presents Shakespeare's drama depicting King Leontes, who accuses his boyhood friend of betrayal, condemns his wife for adultery, and banishes his newborn daughter.
Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.
Two editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.
Is this you?
Become a LibraryThing Author.