Toby and the Secrets of the Tree by Timothee…

Toby and the Secrets of the Tree (original 2007; edition 2010)

by Timothee de Fombelle, Francois Place (Illustrator), Sarah Ardizzone (Translator)

Member:TammyPhillips
Title:Toby and the Secrets of the Tree
Authors:Timothee de Fombelle
Other authors:Francois Place (Illustrator), Sarah Ardizzone (Translator)
Info:Candlewick (2010), Hardcover, 432 pages
Rating:*****

Toby and the Secrets of the Tree by Timothee de Fombelle (2007)

Toby Alone by Timothee de Fombelle (watermama)
    watermama: Toby Alone is the first book on this 2 book series.

English (27)  German (1)  French (1)  All (29)
Definitely enjoyed this second book just like I did the first one. Such an imagination-booster! ( )
  RobertPop | Nov 23, 2016 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
It took me a long time to get through this book. I loved the first book, and couldn't put it down, but I couldn't seem to ever really get interested in the second book. I'm a sucker for interesting settings, and the first book delivered in spades! Toby alone was more character driven, but the characters weren't as interesting to me... ( )
  StarofSophia | Jan 11, 2012 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I was slightly lost in the story because of the lack of knowledge I had that would have been gained in the first book. I gave it to my younger sister and she had a little trouble getting through a few of the aspects of it. Overall it was a really good story. I would recommend reading the books in order if you have the opportunity. ( )
  LibraryRon | Oct 27, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I read this with my eight year old daughter. She enjoyed the book but it was a little tough to follow in parts. I was hoping for something a little more child friendly I guess. All in all it was a decent book though. ( )
  DuncanMoron | Oct 22, 2010 |
Enjoyed this sequel to Toby Alone, but not as much as the first book; was a tad slower read and a little more difficult to follow the various threads of the story, but still came to a satisfactory conclusion. ( )
  SherylHendrix | Oct 8, 2010 |

Timothee de Fombelleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Place, FrançoisIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Ardizzone, SarahTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gratama, EefTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Grebing, SabineTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Scheffel, TobiasTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Vasquez, Pedro KarpTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Tussen de duistere takken waarde een jongedame rond, die het leven zelve was. Federico García Lorca
Voor het bos waarin ik ben opgegroeid
Als domheid een gewicht zou hebben, dan zou de tak onder de majoor allang zijn bezweken.

Thirteen-year-old Toby's tiny world is under greater threat than ever as Leo Blue holds Elisha prisoner while hunting the Grass People and anyone who stands in the way of his devastating plans for the oak tree in which they all live, but this time Toby is not alone.… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Timothee de Fombelle's book Toby and the Secrets of the Tree was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

Candlewick Press

An edition of this book was published by Candlewick Press.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,309,754 books! | Top bar: Always visible