The Naked God by Peter F. Hamilton

The Naked God (1999)

by Peter F. Hamilton

Series: Night's Dawn (3)

Recently added byCaturah, PaulJPOBrien, FelixRSavage, wolfsbruder, private library, T4NK, ddotaitch, gimble

Subterranean Press 104/500
  T4NK | Sep 30, 2014 |
a fitting conclusion to an awesome trilogy. ( )
  hoodakaushal | Jun 25, 2014 |
I loved this, but geez, thank God I'm finished. :)

I also fully intended to come back and really review this with a really real review. Really. But I finished it two weeks ago, and I think my relief at just being DONE has overwhelmed any real need to review it. It was a good read. It was a satisfying conclusion. I can definitely see why people would be pissed with the deus ex machina, but with the entire premise of the story, it really didn't annoy me that much -- especially since I was just so relieved to be done. The entire idea in the first place was far-fetched; in some ways, I think you needed to have a deux ex machina just to tie it up, because I can't imagine any plausible way to solve the entire issue otherwise.
  lyrrael | May 18, 2014 |
FINALLY. The first half of the end of this trilogy flew by quickly. Then the second half spun its wheels in what seemed like an attempt to fill enough pages to match the size of the other two volumes. Luckily, once the conclusion started (approximately 75-100 pages from the end) everything started to fall into place very quickly. I found the end very satisfying - not always an easy feat in a long-running story. ( )
  BrookeAshley | Mar 1, 2014 |
I gave up on this. I have a poor memory; After a few weeks of not reading something the plot points start slipping out of my head along with the characters. Unfortunately for me, the Night's Dawn trilogy is really one big book, so there is no effort to re-acclimate readers who may have taken a break between books. My only option, therefore, is to read them all in a row in order to have any chance of understanding what is going on, but after 2300 pages straight I am fatigued. I need a break from this story even if it means that I will never come back to it. I would like to know how humanity manages the threat of possession by souls returning from the beyond and I would like to spend more time with the alien races that were introduced, but I just can't read another page right now.
  Hegemellman | Apr 2, 2013 |

Peter F. Hamiltonprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Tikulin, TomislavCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Jay Hilton was sound asleep when every electrophorescent strip in the paediatric ward sprang up to full intensity.
In some areas The Naked God is published as two separate books, The Naked God, Part 1: Flight and The Naked God, Part 2: Faith. This is the complete book, please do not combine it with either part.

The Confederation is starting to collapse politically and economically, allowing the 'possessed' to infiltrate more worlds. Quinn Dexter is loose on Earth, destroying the giant arcologies one at a time. As Louise Kavanagh tries to track him down, she manages to acquire some strange and powerful allies whose goal does not quite match her own. The campaign to liberate Mortonridge from the possessed degenerates into a horrendous land battle of the type not seen by humankind for six hundred years. Then some of the protagonists escape in a very unexpected direction ...Joshua Calvert and Syrinx now fly their starships on a mission to find the Sleeping God -- which an alien race believes holds the key to finally overthrowing the possessed. 'The long-awaited climax to one of the best sci-fi yarns of the decade ...Hamilton has reclaimed Britain's dominance of the sci-fi genre' The Times 'Eloquent and ingenious ...A host of believable characters' Daily Telegraph

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:33:22 -0400)

After the multi-layered, dramatic events described in The Reality Dysfunction and The Neutronium Alchemist, comes this climax to Hamilton's awe-inspiring Night's Dawn Trilogy.

Orbit Books

An edition of this book was published by Orbit Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,325,692 books! | Top bar: Always visible