Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher…

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls) (edition 2008)

by Ally Carter

Member:Lindabugliosi
Title:Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls)
Authors:Ally Carter
Info:Disney-Hyperion (2008), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 256 pages

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls) by Ally Carter

This wasn't as good as the first book. It felt kind of lukewarm at times like Cammie wasn't her usual self or maybe that's just me. I did like the addition of Zach but also didn't feel what Zach felt for her. I think there should have been more emphasis on their relationship or how Cammie felt about him if she was going to have a new love interest.
There were a few fun moments as well as moments that kept me guessing.
I think the word I'm thinking of after I read this book is serious. Everything felt a little too serious and formal.
I needed more of her friends time together. Macey was totally missing. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
I have read the first book by Ally Carter and thought it was great book so I read the second book. It was very interesting and fun to read. I also like how it is about spy and the school. I think this make it more interesting. ( )
  AyaSakura | Oct 14, 2017 |
Do you remember mystery science theater 3k? (if you're too young to remember MST3k, skip to the last paragraph) Have you ever thought that your book group should be more like that? Well go out, get a bottle of whiskey (other libations permitted), invite your friends over, and have a dramatic reading.

This book is hilarious in ALL the wrong ways, but it is f**king HILARIOUS. You and your friends will be tripping over the (ridiculous) plot, snorting at the (absurd) dialogue; you'll spill your drinks gesturing in a vain attempt to match the (entirely unbelievable) characters.

I picked this book up from the local little free library for some solid, accidentally satirical fun, and it did -not- disappoint.

What you should -NOT- do: you should not give this book to a young, impressionable woman/kid of any gender. The stereotypes and tropes are beyond tenable, and while sometimes that can be a teaching moment- this isn't it ( )
  Kesterbird | Aug 28, 2016 |
This was an okay sequel; I think I've just lost interest in the series. ( )
  EmilyRokicki | Feb 26, 2016 |
the gallagher girls series is really nice i have to admit i really love it ( )
  Shazarah | Feb 6, 2016 |
For Faith and Lily, the next generation of Gallagher Girls
"Just be yourself," my mother said, as if it was that easy.

After staking out, obtaining, and then being forced to give up her first boyfriend, Josh, all Cammie Morgan wants is a peaceful semester. But that's easier said than done when you're a CIA legacy and go to the premier school in the world... for spies.

Cammie may have a genius I.Q., but there are still a lot of things she doesn't know. Like, will her ex-boyfriend even remember she exists? And how much trouble is she really in after what happened last semester? And most of all, why is her mother acting so strangely? Despite Cammie's best intentions to be a normal student, danger seems to follow her.

She and her friends learn that their school is going to play host to some mysterious guests--code name: Blackthorne. Then she's blamed for a security breach that leaves the school's top secret status at risk. Soon, Cammie and her friends are crawling through walls and surveilling the school to learn the truth about Blackthorne and clear Cammie's name.

Even though they have confidence in their spy skills, this time the targets are tougher (and hotter), and the stakes for Cammie's heart--and her beloved school--are higher than ever.

Cammie Morgan is a CIA legacy and attends the premier school in the world...for spies. The school hosts some mysterious guests with the code name Blackthorne. When Cammie is blamed for a security breach that threatens to expose the school's top secret status, she and her friends face danger to clear Cammie's name and learn the truth about Blackthorne.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,516,870 books! | Top bar: Always visible