My Penguin Osbert by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel

My Penguin Osbert (2004)

by Elizabeth Cody Kimmel, H. B. Lewis (Illustrator)

43 months - Picked this one up for a new read this holiday. Beautifully illustrated and a good moral... Be realistic in what you ask Santa for for Christmas. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
Be careful what you wish for and more importantly how you wish for it. A really sweet tale about a little boy and the real life penguin he asks Santa to bring him. ( )
  dms02 | Feb 27, 2014 |
This book is a lot of fun and has a very heartfelt twist since the child at its center makes a tough choice to do something in the best interest of his friend rather than to keep his friend, the penguin, at home with him. This is a beautiful book and I really enjoyed reading it with my students. ( )
  matthewbloome | May 19, 2013 |
Joe writes a letter to Santa every year but doesn't quite get exactly what he wants, so this year he made it clear that he wanted a penguin, Osbert. Osbert is too much to handle, and Joe is faced with a decision to do what is best for Osbert or, keep Osbert ti himself. ( )
  kclopez | Jan 28, 2012 |
A boy really, really, really wants a penguin for Christmas-a real penguin. Be careful what you ask for because he gets a real penguin and owning a penguin is not all it is cracked up to be. Lots of cold and herring, he writes Santa another letter, and Santa provides tickets to the opening of Antarctic world. The penguin is more at home their, so the little boy leaves him there. Very sweet and responsible boy. ( )
  dangerlibearian | Dec 7, 2010 |

Elizabeth Cody Kimmelprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Lewis, H. B.Illustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For my friend, agent, and idol Marcia Wernick, who always knows just what to ask for. - E.C.K.

For Staci, who didn't even ask for Osbert, but loves him anyway. - H.B.L.
This year, I was very specific in my letter to Santa Claus.

Fabulously illustrated by H. B. Lewis, Elizabeth Cody Kimmel's hilarious romp through the land of be-careful-what-you-wish-for offers a whole year's worth of holiday fun magic.

This year, I was very specific in my letter to Santa Claus.

Each year at Christmas, Joe writes a letter to Santa. But they've had a few misunderstandings in the past. Last year, for example, Joe wanted a fire-engine-red racecar with retracting headlights, and he did get one — but it was only three inches long. So this year Joe is really, really careful. He describes exactly what he wants — and on Christmas morning, guess what's waiting for him under the tree! Santa has brought him a living, breathing, black-and-white penguin named Osbert. Will anything in Joe's life ever be the same?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:24:48 -0400)

When a boy finally gets exactly what he wants from Santa, he learns that owning a real penguin may not have been a good idea after all.

Candlewick Press

2 editions of this book were published by Candlewick Press.

Editions: 0763616990, 0763636835

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,866,055 books! | Top bar: Always visible