God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe

God Still Don't Like Ugly (edition 2004)

by Mary Monroe

Member:tinisha
Title:God Still Don't Like Ugly
Authors:Mary Monroe
Info:Kensington (2004), Paperback, 336 pages

God Still Don't Like Ugly by Mary Monroe

I liked this book. I listened to it (audiobook) and the reader was great she gave the book the personality and attitude it deserved which made this book a very easy "read"/listen :-)
  twokidsnablanket | Nov 2, 2013 |
The conclusion to "God Don't Like Ugly". Ms. Monroe takes her readers further into the lives of the characters that facinated us in her earlier novel. I found this book to be provocative and entertaining. If you have read other books by this author you will not be disapointed. I definately recomend this book. ( )
  Ozedasgirl | May 30, 2012 |
The book starts out a few years after God Don't Like Ugly left off. It paints a great picture and gives plenty of information on the backstory so that if you didn't read the first book, you wouldn't be lost reading this one.

It follows Annette, told from her point of view, on her journey through life. She stuggles with past demons in this book, trying to learn to let them go. She also finds her inner strength and is able to stand up for herself. She meets back up with her father, and is introduced to her half-siblings. Her childhood best friend, Rhoda, wracked all kinds of havoc in their lives, and was asked to leave in the first book. In this book, she finds her way back into Annette's life, and we join Annette on her own personal roller coaster ride.

I greatly enjoyed this book, and would recommend it to just about anyone. ( )
  OilFieldWife | Dec 30, 2010 |
great book ( )
  almeta | Feb 18, 2009 |

"Annette Goode, who has recently reconciled with the father she never knew, finds solace with her childhood sweetheart after a dark secret from her past destroys her engagement and a troubled friend unexpectedly comes back into her life." -- NovelList.… (more)

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,018,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible