Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Got to be Real: Four Original Love Stories…

Got to be Real: Four Original Love Stories (2000)

by Eric Jerome Dickey, Colin Channer (Contributor), E. Lynn Harris (Contributor), Marcus Major (Contributor)

I did not like Eric Jerome Dickey's story at all. This wasn't his best work. “Cafe Piel” is about forbidden love, but it was slow, and very, very dull and lacked substance and I had to really struggle to finish. I couldn't grasp what was going on and the storyline was all over the place, but no matter what I’m still one of his fans.

The only story I really enjoyed was Marcus Major's story. “Kenya and Amir” was the best story in the book. This story felt real. The stories love scenes were great… EXCELLENT!!! Marcus Major’s story introduces two characters in “Good Peoples” tha t I will be reading soon, then I’ll read “4 Guys and Trouble”.

E. Lynn’s story “Money Can’t Buy Me Love” was typical. His story was fair. It was hard to absorb after reading Marcus Major’s “Kenya and Amir” with a heterosexual theme.

The last story in this book is by Colin Channer and I just couldn't get into this story and it was long and boring! “I’m Still Waiting” was going nowhere. I attempted to read “Satisfy My Soul" by Mr. Channer some time ago and struggled through the first few chapters until I couldn’t stand it and had to put it down.

It took me 12 long weeks to read the entire book. I was disappointed. ( )
  altima313 | Dec 30, 2007 |
It was an okay read. ( )
  Araya05 | Sep 15, 2006 |

Dickey, Eric Jeromeprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Channer, ColinContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Harris, E. LynnContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Major, MarcusContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Read by Various Narrators (not provided)Narratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0451202236, Paperback)

Boldly sexy, raucously funny, and unfailingly honest-all readers will be able to identify with, and fall in love with, these original stories from the hottest male voices in African-American Fiction.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:43 -0400)

Four popular African-American authors--E. Lynn Harris, Eric Jerome Dickey, Colin Canner, and Marcus Major--come together in a bold new collection of original stories that explore the vast complexities of the human heart and the challenges of love in modern America. E. Lynn Harris charts the emotional journey of a man whose unexpected Valentine's Day gift could turn into the soul mate he's longed for and feared all of his life. Eric Jerome Dickey goes south of the border with a man on the run, a man on his tail, and a seductive woman who breaks down the barriers of language and race. Colin Channer spins an erotic riff on sex and success when a music producer, his ex-wife, and a hot biracial pop star cross tracks in Jamaica. Marcus Major engages readers in a battle of love, lust, and commitment when the ultimate player makes his move on a no-nonsense woman.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,482,190 books! | Top bar: Always visible