The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics by Alan…

The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics (1969)

by Alan Aldridge (Editor), The Beatles

Series: The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics (1)

The only major collection of illustrated Beatles lyrics in book form, this commemorative edition features autobiographical comments and quotes from the Fab Four, interpretation of the lyrics from 206 songs, lavish, full-color illustrations, and specially commissioned photographs.

Fab ! ( )
  Baku-X | Jan 10, 2017 |
For me, the Beatles were the musical group of my older siblings. In fact, if it wasn't for McCartney, I would have been clueless about his old band ("Wait...Paul was in another band?"). My friends and I marvelled as we listened to a band that was almost as cool as the Police and Prince. Then as each year progressed, the Beatles became the Sinatra of rock and roll, the elder tribesmen, so to speak.

Quite frankly, I don't know what they were smoking when they wrote these lyrics, but it worked. [a:Alan Aldridge|20139|Alan Aldridge|http://photo.goodreads.com/authors/1231087730p2/20139.jpg] has edited some very Sixties-ish designs from various artists, with an emphasis on nipples. Psychedelic baby. The colours are deafening, rather like the opening ceremony for the 2012 London Olympics. Still, it all comes together somehow and works as a nice collage of a long-gone era.

"For the benefit of Mr. Kite, there will be a show tonight on trampoline..."

"...Yellow matter custard dripping from a dead dog's eye"

Que??

Book Season = Year Round (just don't share with [a:Danny Boyle|2741619|Danny Boyle|http://www.goodreads.com/assets/nophoto/nophoto-U-50x66.jpg]) ( )
  Gold_Gato | Sep 16, 2013 |
Fab ! ( )
  BakuDreamer | Sep 7, 2013 |
There seems to be several different books (or at least editions) mixed up in this listing. The book I own is: "The Beatles Lyrics Illustrated". It lists the lyrics of the songs and has a lot of photographs in the center of the book, but NO illustrations that other reviews have mentioned. There seems to be another book "The Beatles Illustrated Lyrics" which might be a later edition of this book or a completely different book. I think that is the one with the illustrated lyrics.
  barbgarcia1987 | Jan 27, 2013 |
Awesome book! All the lyrics to all the songs by the Beatles. A must have for every Beatle-nut. ( )
  shelbel100 | May 27, 2008 |

Bailey, DavidIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Brautigan, RichardIntroductionsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Feibush, RayIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Lyrics

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,795,130 books! | Top bar: Always visible