The Cartoon History of the Universe I,…

The Cartoon History of the Universe I, Volumes 1-7 : From the Big Bang to… (1990)

by Larry Gonick

English (12)  Spanish (1)  All languages (13)
This graphic novel gives an illustrated, broad look at world history. Everything is done with humor, which is what keeps the book going. The biggest issue with this book is that some things have changed since it was written. There is no longer a brontosaurus and we now know that humans are not descended from neanderthal's, they were actually a totally separate branch on the evolutionary tree. ( )
  Rosa.Mill | Nov 21, 2015 |
Z dove into this over a few days. He especially liked the Ancient Egyptian section. ( )
  beckydj | Mar 31, 2013 |
To Lisa
This cartoon history is the outcome of my nine years at Harvard, where I studied mathematics - yes . . . nine years the math department scoffed at my theories!

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0385265204, Paperback)

One of the beautiful things about comics is that it is possibly the best medium for combining education and entertainment. No one knows this better than Larry Gonick, whose Cartoon History series spans many subjects. Whether you are a fan of history, comics, or Gonick's books, The Cartoon History of the Universe I is a great place to start. Part I contains volumes 1 to 7, from the Big Bang to Alexander the Great.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:46 -0400)

In seven wild and witty chapters, cartoonist Larry Gonick takes us on an uproarious joyride through the ancient world. Gonick's brilliant insights, exuberant humor, and delightful drawings combine to make a truly unique work that is sure to be a valuable resource as well as a great escape for all ages.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,821,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible