The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The…

The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle (original 1991; edition 2007)

by L. J. Smith

Member:moppety
Title:The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening and The Struggle
Authors:L. J. Smith
Info:HarperTeen (2007), Paperback, 512 pages
Collections:No longer owned
Tags:Fiction, Fantasy, Omnibus, Paranormal Romance, Young Adult, Vampires

The Awakening / The Struggle by L. J. Smith (1991)

English (81)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (84)
Meh. ( )
  Belles007 | Jan 17, 2016 |
There are a few similarities to the TV show. Mainly names and that's about it. ( )
  i.should.b.reading | Jan 15, 2016 |
After my buzz over the "Twilight" series, I've been obsessing over vampires. I've even started watching 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' on DVD because I totally missed out, and what a blast I'm having! Anyway, this book reads like a soap opera. Can someone shout MELODRAMA! Yeah, I know it's a YA book, but so was "Twilight". It wasn't awful, but it's nowhere near compelling as "Twilight" had been. Can I say "Twilight" again? Maybe the timing was bad, I mean... I JUST finished "Twilight"! There, I said it again!! Did I mention I was obsessing? ( )
  bouldermimi | Jan 13, 2016 |
Was so pleased that these were re-released not long before the series started. I originally read these in junior high and fell in love. Elena is the perfect bitch but I found her impossible not to like (so many heroines in YA books at the time were outcasts). Stefan is fairly vanilla but nonetheless enigmatic. Damons is ... Damon, a perfect bad boy who doesn't lose his nerve when it comes to being bad.

Of the two books The Struggle is my favourite because they pit brother versus brother. Great fun to read the first time around and just as fun to read the second time (and probably third and fourth times.) ( )
  sweetzombieducky | Nov 28, 2015 |
Esto es cómico, le puse tres estrellas en el 2012 pero ni me acuerdo de haberlos leído.

El primero si recuerdo más o menos, hace mil años, pero de ahí en más, se me escapa... ( )
  LaMala | Jun 7, 2015 |
To my dear friend and sister Judy

A special thanks to Anne Smith, Peggy Bokulic, Anne Marie Smith, and Laura Penny for information about Virginia, and to Jack and Sue Check for all their local lore.
Dear Diary, [crossed out] Something awful is going to happen today.

Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants.

Stefan: brooding and mysterious, he seems to be the only one who can resist Elena, even as he struggles to protect her from the horrors that haunt his past.

Damon: sexy, dangerous, and driven by an urge for revenge against Stefan, the brother who betrayed him. Determined to have Elena, he'd kill to possess her.

Collected here in one volume for the first time, volumes one and two of The Vampire Diaries, the tale of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006114097X, Paperback)

Elena: the golden girl, the leader, the one who can have any boy she wants.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:06 -0400)

Presents the first two volumes in the Vampire Diaries series, in which popular and beautiful high school senior Elena finds herself torn between two vampire brothers, the dark and brooding Stefan who wants to protect her from the horrors of his past and the dangerously attractive Damon, who is determined to use her to get revenge on his brother.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,084,720 books! | Top bar: Always visible